Hey you guys I am interested in these two guitars and I was wondering if you could steer me in a general direction. I love the sound of the Songwriter, but I love the small size and feel of the Blues King. I am a rhythm guitar player and that may lean me toward the Songwriter, but I'm not sure.
You HAVE played them right? And if so, you DID try more than just Gibsons, right?

I have no opinion either way, but when it comes to acoustics, sound trumps all other factors
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I played them today at the local guitar center and yes I played Martins and Taylors as well. I thought the Taylors sounded generic and that the Martin sounded incredibly bright... The Gibsons sounded warm to me, but I did like the brightness of the Martins I played. So I don't know, but these two really caught my ears and eyes.
Quote by Natrone
You HAVE played them right? And if so, you DID try more than just Gibsons, right?

I have no opinion either way, but when it comes to acoustics, sound trumps all other factors

If he's commenting on feel, I'd have to say yes, he's at least tried the Blues King.

Personally, I prefer the Blues King. I've never liked dreadnaughts though, so anything a little rounder (both physically and sonically) wins in my book. If you're not gigging, I'd say go with the Blues King. You might also want to check out Guild's grand orchestra/concert guitars - that's what I use. I like the sound of a jumbo, but I have too hard and ham-handed of a strumming style to use a jumbo amplified or miked without it getting muddy. So for me, that guitar is a perfect fit.

But if you want it primarily for recording, or you play in a band where you are THE guitar guy, then go with what sounds best. Bring a portable recorder with you, if you have access to one. I didn't think my Guild sounded nearly as good as a J-45, until I recorded it from the front of the guitar, rather than how I heard it from the back of the guitar.

Plus the friends I brought along readily concurred.
Did you try any Breedloves, Takamines, or Seagulls? Being in Boston, your GC should have a very wide selection as I can't help but imagine you have a very large GC.

As I said before though, tone is what is most important. Now I guess you just have to decide between bright and mellow
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
the songwriter deluxe is one of my favorite guitars - great feel, sound and wonderful for fingerstyle. btw, i'm 5' 3" but don't care for smaller guitars, so go figure