On my Masterbilt, I always got the feeling my Masterbilt was a bit high in action, but since I dont have much experience with acoustics, I wasn't sure.

Today, I measured the space between the top edge of the 12th fret and the bottom of the low E string. The result was 2/16", or 4/32"............is this too high?
well, firstoff, 2/16 and 4/32 are the same thing. But the question is more so, do you feel like the action on your acoustic guitar is too high? *rereads OP*, okay, if you feel it's a bit high, you should lower it/get someone to lower it for you. Really, action is a matter of personal preference....I know on my acoustic I have really high action, but that's because I'm too lazy to get a setup.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by Always-Ben
On my Masterbilt, I always got the feeling my Masterbilt was a bit high in action, but since I dont have much experience with acoustics, I wasn't sure.

Today, I measured the space between the top edge of the 12th fret and the bottom of the low E string. The result was 2/16", or 4/32"............is this too high?

No, 1/8 is pretty good. I want to say that most places set up their acoustics to 3/16's out of the factory, usually. If it's at 1/8 and no fret buzz I would leave it alone.
It doesn't feel too uncomfortable, I'm just having difficulty holding down those chords where one finger is holding down all the strings on one fret. I keep getting buzz because the bottom strings aren't being held down firmly enough.
Quote by Always-Ben
It doesn't feel too uncomfortable, I'm just having difficulty holding down those chords where one finger is holding down all the strings on one fret. I keep getting buzz because the bottom strings aren't being held down firmly enough.

That's pretty common to have problems on acoustics with barre chords. Try throwing on lighter strings. Your action, if your measurement was right, shouldn't need any adjustment.

Get used to barring well on some thinner strings and mover your way up to some medium gauge strings.

Also, sometimes one of the bottom strings lines up with the creases in your finger and doesn't push it down enough. If that's the case push your finger up or down to get it off the crease and experiment with it.
woahh dude you mean your action is 1534/12272 ?1?!?!

Seriously, YOU are the only one who knows if YOUR action is too high. If you think it's too high, which you obviously do, then you should take it to a shop and get it lowered.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.