Now I am no pro at anything regarding maods and building. But I found that my Whammy IV is sounding too sharp and nothing like Tom Morellos or Herman Li's. How can I get that Iv sound out and shape it up a little to sound more like Whammy II
ask the pedal building thread. they'll actually help you.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
ask the pedal building thread. they'll actually help you.

except for the fact that you cant exactly take a whammy IV and turn it into a whammy II. my solution is by far the easiest, and by easiest i mean it's the only solution as well.
Ok you're right, but that's obvious. All he wants is to take the sharpness out. That shouldn't be too hard to do. And whammy II is impossible to find. He most likely doesn't have the cash to do something like that as he's asking how to do it.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
Ok you're right, but that's obvious. All he wants is to take the sharpness out. That shouldn't be too hard to do. And whammy II is impossible to find. He most likely doesn't have the cash to do something like that as he's asking how to do it.

taking the sharpness out will not make it sound like a whammy II, and besides that'd be a matter for tone controls either on the amp or the guitar. if need be an eq in the signal chain. not exactly a discussion for this forum though.

it's a mistake to think that just buying a new piece of equipment an artist uses will give you their sound instantly.
Quote by noisefarmer
it's a mistake to think that just buying a new piece of equipment an artist uses will give you their sound instantly.

correct.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Night_Warrior
Well I dont think that, but it just takes out of my tone when I use the pedal

you could do the true bypass mod but it'll have zero effect on the pedal while it is in use. it's more for the tone sucking the pedal does when it's not engaged. there should be a thread about it on one of the first few pages here since it was asked about either this morning or yesterday.