2 Questions...

What is the difference between a studio bass and others?
and
Why do some artists use on bass in the studio and different one on the road?
I can only answer the second

If you think about it, would you bring your best stuff (or at least things that may have a strong personal value) along with you on tour where its bound to be dinged up or even possibly lost or stolen?
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Last edited by Thegian at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Jasonbts
2 Questions...

What is the difference between a studio bass and others?
and
Why do some artists use on bass in the studio and different one on the road?

1. Generally, a companies "studio" series is nicer and more expensive than the others. As Thegian said, you don't want to bring your best bass on the road with you where many bad things can happen to it. The exception to this rule is Gibson, whose studio instruments are actually cheaper

2. Adding on to what Thegian said, a good studio bass will sound GREAT and probably have playability to match. With a good tour bass, an amazing tone will probably be lost on an audiance anyway, so only having a good or even decent tone but great looks, reliability, durability, balance and a lower price tag is better in a live bass IMO
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
stage bass- should achieve a sound that is the sum of all your studio tones. should be cheaper, and look cool onstage.

studio bass- achieves the perfect tone for the song.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
A studio bass is going to have more specific and expensive features to suit a song. A bass you play at a gig is going to be cheaper because it ends up covered in sweat, stolen, and/or beat up.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115