Just picked this up off CraigsList for a cool $30.

Pulled it open a minute ago and I can't really tell which mod its got (I believe it's just the basic MT-2 mod) but it does have the OPA2134PA chip. I haven't even bothered plugging this thing in yet. I wanted to share with UG first.

Anyway, pics!

Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Pics or it's a Metal Zone.

Wait a minute...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Pics or it's a Metal Zone.

Wait a minute...

lol

Anyways, post clips.
I've been thinking of doing some mods to my friends metal zone.

HNPD

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
TS: I want to share it with UG First!
(goes to play)
sh*t....
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I was thinking of getting that Metalzone for 30 bucks. Nice find. Congrats.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I don't think the dude knew what he had.

I've played with this one for a bit now and so far it's one of the bestest distortion pedals I've used. It blows away the stock MT-2 and even monsters most of the much more expensive stuff I've used. This one's taking the crown for best CL find in the past month.

Edit: I'd post clips but all I've got to record with is a Rock Band mic. Woe is me.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Last edited by ch0 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by ch0
I don't think the dude knew what he had.

I've played with this one for a bit now and so far it's one of the bestest distortion pedals I've used. It blows away the stock MT-2 and even monsters most of the much more expensive stuff I've used. This one's taking the crown for best CL find in the past month.

Edit: I'd post clips but all I've got to record with is a Rock Band mic. Woe is me.

Heh, that's what I used for my clips.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Heh, that's what I used for my clips.
My recordings always clip really badly if I play too loudly.

I imagine my problem is just that I've got no idea how to set up Audacity.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
My recordings always clip really badly if I play too loudly.

I imagine my problem is just that I've got no idea how to set up Audacity.

I do

Happy new pedal day! I used to love my old MT for nasty thrash/fuzz tones. I kinda miss it in all actuality..

And I think with the RB mics it's all about position... I've recorded quite a few loud clips that only have slight clipping
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I do

Happy new pedal day! I used to love my old MT for nasty thrash/fuzz tones. I kinda miss it in all actuality..

And I think with the RB mics it's all about position... I've recorded quite a few loud clips that only have slight clipping
Maybe I'll have to back the mic off a little and see how that goes. I was originally just worried that the distance between driver and mic would cause a huge volume reduction. If that's the case I'll just have to adjust my playing - I suppose
Quote by Marty Friedman
BTW, Monte Allums MT-2 > Keeley MT-2.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
BTW, Monte Allums MT-2 > Keeley MT-2.
That's good to hear. Unless you meant Keeley > Monte Allums.
Quote by Marty Friedman
No, no. I meant MA>K. The is for the MA haters.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
No, no. I meant MA>K. The is for the MA haters.
Nice, I haven't really gotten to play too much with anything Keeley so I'm kinda in the dark.
Quote by Marty Friedman
So I got to A/B this thing with a stock MT-2 today. Obviously the MA pedal is going to be better, I'm just blown away by how much better this thing is.

I'm playing into a 100W SS Fender Performer combo right now and can't believe what this pedal can do. The harmonic overtones are rich and usable while the range of available tones is just phenomenal. I know its still not going to be everyone's cup of tea as it's still a Boss pedal (and worse, an MT-2) but it definitely changed the way I look at things.

My next pedal is going to be a DS-1 with an MA Rectifier Tri-Gain mod.
Quote by Marty Friedman