I'm looking at getting a fuzz pedal that can help replicate the fuzz that Matt Bellamy's of Muse has. If you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to "Supermassive Black Hole" live from Wembley Stadium. I really fell in love with that tone and was wondering if anyone knew the best fuzz pedal to help get it. Thanks a bunch!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Mitchell?
Will Sledge's 'The Judge'. $115.

+1

i love mine.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
This:
Quote by Akridosity
He uses a Fuzz Factory.

And this:
Quote by Mitchell?
Will Sledge's 'The Judge'. $115.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
The Judge is a FF clone. It's cheaper and you're not buying it from a douche bag.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The Judge is a FF clone. It's cheaper and you're not buying it from a douche bag.

Agreed to the max. I would not want to support Zach because the man is a complete dickwad.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Agreed to the max. I would not want to support Zach because the man is a complete dickwad.

Why do you say that?
he makes nice pedals
Quote by Sguit
Why do you say that?
he makes nice pedals

look up user "zachary vex" and read his one post.

addendum: i'll do it for you.

" I am starting a little pedal run with a few of my own designs of pedals."

Funny, it just must be complete coincidence that one of your "own designs" has its knobs labeled exactly the same as my flagship pedal, the Fuzz Factory. Oh, except for the "stab" knob, which you call "kill" and say it's a sag control, which is exactly the same as my pedal too.

The thing about having your own designs is that you actually come up with them. You might want to look into that. Being the originator of an idea or a design is special, isn't it? Oh, wait... you wouldn't know. 8^)

By the way, if you don't remove my product name and company name from your list of products in your signature, you'll be getting a cease-and-desist letter from my lawyer. Do something original, kid, and stop riding on my coat-tails, or I'll shake you off and leave you in the ****
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Aug 9, 2009,
The man makes great pedals. I'd buy an awesome pedal from a douche, because i'd be spending more time with the pedal.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
The only reason I don't buy from ZVex is his **** is way too expensive from me. Even though he's a prick, I'm buying his pedals, not his personality.

But, if I can give my money to a nicer guy, I do.
yup. i would buy the ringtone if the price wasn't inflated to hell.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
it's funny a couple of you call him a doushe but i'd believe you would all be the same if you were him in that situation of a guy completly ripping of his desgn, he's a friendly guy he helps personally with any problems that could arise with your pedal so if he's a douche for basically having a go at a guy then we'll all douche's
But asking the kid to remove his product name and brand name from his sig (which I'm assuming was a gear list) is ridiculous. In fact he should be happy, because this at least spreads his brand recognition. Not to mention, the legal action he talks about would never work, he's just being a prick.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^But t kidhe said that he was starting a pedal run and Zach Vex pointed out that it was a copy of his design. I actually think his sig was a for sale list of the "original designs" he built.

Then it wouldn't say his product name, or brand name. If the kid said "Clones of Zvex 'X'" Then sure he's in the wrong, but I don't think that's how it went down. I dunno I see your point, but my philosophy has always been; make the best products out there, and you won't have competition. Not sue the **** out of anyone that makes anything similar, and you won't have competition. Cloning, and reverse engineering is the name of the game in this industry. Zvex is full of **** if he says he never did.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by ISwanton
it's funny a couple of you call him a doushe but i'd believe you would all be the same if you were him in that situation of a guy completly ripping of his desgn.

Mmm, here a quote from Devi Ever, just to show that you don't have to be a douche if someone wants to clone your design

I'm completely in favor of the information being available to the general public as I believe the role of pedal builder these days (and ever) really boils down to the service of circuit design and assembly for those who don't know how or don't want to (not to mention distribution, customer service, etc).
Otherwise, if you can do it with out the help of a pedal company, then you should, whether it's my circuit or who-ever. Freedom greater than tyranny, etc. etc.
^I bet she is hot.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
... Have I missed something?!
He uses a Fuzz Factory and a Diezel VH4 AFAIK
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
he also uses a fernandes sustainer pickup which offers a lot of feedback as well...

I own a fuzz factory, and all douche accusations asside... it's an amazing pedal which i would recommend to anyone looking for a good fuzz pedal. Or even a good distortion pedal, since you can get a vast array of sounds out of it
I'd do the EXACT same as Zach in that situation. Good on him.

Anyways, yeah Matthew Bellamy does sometimes use a Fuzz Factory, but he uses it on VERY few songs nowadays, pretty much only for Plug in Baby. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the tone on Supermassive Black Hole is very compressed distortion, most likely from his Diezel VH4 amp.
Quote by tubetime86
^I bet she is hot.

did you miss out on the discussion me and George were having a few weeks ago?

Well there's a video below....

Matt Bellamy = fuzz factory....but i'd go with stradivari9855's suggestion.
People, this is not a discussion on how much Zach-whateverhisnameis, it is about how to find Muse tones. Stick to the main subject and help the lad/lassie out.

Most fuzz pedals offer a very similarly voiced scope of tones. Fuzz Factory, Biff Muff, ProCo Rat, Fuzz Face, Artec Fuzztown, Fulltone 70 Fuzz, T-Rex Mudhoney, Voodoo Lab Fuzz, etc. Each have individual characterstics, but they're all still fuzz.

It's not all about the pedal itself, though. As mentioned, Belamy uses a Diezel - and a few other high-end amps - so it's something else to think about.
What amp do you currently use?
he's almost always got the fuzz factory working... he modded it into his guitar. The pedal can produce varying levels of distortion. I have nothing to back this up, but I'd say he's always got it engaged when he plays distorted.

This was Matt's rig in 2000 (or so they report it): http://guitargeek.com/rigview/562/
Quote by theGlitch
he's almost always got the fuzz factory working... he modded it into his guitar. The pedal can produce varying levels of distortion. I have nothing to back this up, but I'd say he's always got it engaged when he plays distorted.

This was Matt's rig in 2000 (or so they report it): http://guitargeek.com/rigview/562/

Nah, he really doesn't use the Fuzz Factory very much at all nowadays.