Page 1 of 8
you know what pisses me off?

yeah, it's the title of this thread. censorship in any form is a load of bullcrap. political correctness is another word for "censorship so certain groups cant be offended"
I'm all for using swear words, racial slurs and any kind of offensive material in any form of media.
why?
because it's a goddamn human right to be able to express one's self. I, for instance, find it idiotic that games where you have to shoot nazis are forbidden in Germany (where I live) because in these games there are nazis flags on the walls.
fuck that shit, if I want to put a nazi flag on my wall I should have the goddamn right to. I'm not saying I want to, but there is nothing wrong with putting a nazi flag on my wall. prove me wrong/right.

censorship in any form is idiotic and harmful. I'm using the word chinaman (supposedly not PC) and drawing swastikas on toilets, calling whites crackers and so on. I am being totally not PC to every culture on earth, including hispanics, which is my heriatage. fuck mexicans, germans, americans, and nigerians alike.
prove me wrong.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 9, 2009,
darn tootin'
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
you needed to start a thread about this_
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by CoreysMonster
censorship in any form is idiotic and harmful.

Really? So it's not a good idea to stop some crazed, evangelical, religious zealot from targeting weak individuals and brainwashing them into performing acts that they never would have committed otherwise?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
fuck yeah
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Yakult
Really? So it's not a good idea to stop some crazed, evangelical, religious zealot from targeting weak individuals and brainwashing them into performing acts that they never would have committed otherwise?

Survival of the fittest, man.
yeah censorship sucks but meh, what can you do?
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
freedom of speech ftw
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by rtfk101
you needed to start a thread about this_

yup, because censorship is a real pet peeves of mine. I hate censorship in any form, even when it censors things that offend me. If something offends me, I ignore it, but I would never want it censored.
Quote by Yakult

+1
Quote by metaldud536
Should the intended targets of racial slurs have to hear them because some punk wants to express himself?

Something is only as offensive as you let it be.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Censorship is for fascistic oversensitive people with undersized genitalia.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by metaldud536
Should the intended targets of racial slurs have to hear them because some punk wants to express himself?

yes. sorry, I know it really, really sucks to be at the butt end of racism (believe me, I've been there), but it's part of the whole thing. you cannot censor something while proclaiming to have free speach. If I want to say nigga, or cracker, or whatever, I should be able to.

EDIT: I was called wetback in america, and american idiot in Germany, was not let into clubs because of my american ID (apparently americans all carry weapons) and have lost friends when they found out I was from america, so I've been through my fair share of racism.
HOWEVER
I still find that, even though they were ****ing idiots, they were merely expressing their belief and opinion and had every right to do so.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Yakult

Yes really.

If you have to censor something to prove it's wrong, you only give it more validity.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Yakult

You should never have to silence someone - just educate people of every alternative.

If they still believe the charlatan, then that's their problem.
I also wouldn't want any future baby Yakults waking up in the morning to watch Teletubbies and seeing a hundred men running around with erections having sex with each other, tbh.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
People call my sister "Team America." Not really a racial slur, but annoying nonetheless.

Ah, living in England is fun.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I think censorship against "harmful" things that protecting or at least hiding from the younger generations e.g. pronz, bad language etc is a good idea as it does have a positive impact on society.

On the other hand the censorship you talk about is plain ignorance and arrogance on behalf of peoples/countries/nations/communities past exploits. Europe as a whole don't like mentioning the war which is all in good taste, but countries such as the Germany and to a lesser extent who 'deny' the whole thing are a big bunch of pooheads.

People need to know the truth about the past, and be able to express anything without consequences (racism for one).

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i'm afraid you've lost your way mam, the bloggers meet over there --->
Quote by CoreysMonster
yup, because censorship is a real pet peeves of mine. I hate censorship in any form, even when it censors things that offend me. If something offends me, I ignore it, but I would never want it censored.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall (summarizing Voltaire's beliefs). I agree with you immensely.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
People shouldn't be prevented from saying certain things but should refrain from doing so out of respect. I totally agree that censorship is wrong because we all have an opinion and we should all be allowed to express it, but some people think freedom of speech means it's not wrong to use some language like racial slurs just out of respect for other people.
****IN **** **** ***** **** ****!!!!
oh.....

anyways, i think that its one thing to censor swears in movies on TV, so children dont get potty mouths. there are places where censorship should be and shouldnt be.

on the other hand, the US constitution does give us freedom of speech. thsi should allow us to say whatever we want to. we should be able to do whatever it takes to get a message out. the fact that the government is responsible for blocking what anyone tries to say is a load of bull.
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Last edited by keithmoon15 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by Yakult
I also wouldn't want any future baby Yakults waking up in the morning to watch Teletubbies and seeing a hundred men running around with erections having sex with each other, tbh.

then it's your job to protect the baby yakults from those images.
if many people wanted to watch a hundred men running around with erections, they should be allowed to broadcast that.
Quote by Td_Nights

I completely agree.

And to the person who mentioned evangelical, religious zealots - yes, he they should be allowed to do that. If you're stupid enough to follow through, there's no saving you through censorship anyways.

Censorship is useless and it only incites rage, workarounds (word filters, hahahaha), and debates like this.
I love how they show you people getting killed all the time on TV but they censor sex and "dirty" words. Oh and when they pixelate somebody's hand when he's giving the finger. Who's sitting in his living room watching a guy with a pixelated hand and goes "My gosh, what could he be doing with his hand?!" But the worse thing is when you're on the Internet and your offensive words are replaced by ****ing stars!
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
**** <---Did that send you on a rage?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I think you're making a big fudging deal about nothing. Stop being a silly barstool and grow some balloons. Honestly, I've never felt like I'm being fudging censored, so why should fudging you? Stupid prittstick.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by blue_strat
You should never have to silence someone - just educate people of every alternative.

If they still believe the charlatan, then that's their problem.

Yes, on an individual level it's their problem, but on a society levels it's all of our problems if one guy, or a group of people, are convinced into performing ridiculous acts that have widespread repercussions; hence the need for censorship.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
As the great george carlin once said: its not the word but the context and intent of the word.
Quote by Yakult

Yes because it totally wouldn't be your responsibility to deal with what your kids watch.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
then it's your job to protect the baby yakults from those images.

so in other words, censor it
Quote by Yakult
Yes, on an individual level it's their problem, but on a society levels it's all of our problems if one guy, or a group of people, are convinced into performing ridiculous acts that have widespread repercussions; hence the need for censorship.

The system has you by the balls.
Quote by blindfatkid23
I love how they show you people getting killed all the time on TV but they censor sex and "dirty" words. Oh and when they pixelate somebody's hand when he's giving the finger. Who's sitting in his living room watching a guy with a pixelated hand and goes "My gosh, what could he be doing with his hand?!" But the worse thing is when you're on the Internet and your offensive words are replaced by ****ing stars!

Yeah one way to think of it is "the people in charge on censoring would rather let us watch the loss of life than the gift of it"
And I think everyword should be on tv/radio hell even billboards. Is anyone honestly so offended by that shit that they can't see it or get depressed?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Yakult
That doesn't make sense, actually. Please elaborate, because I must be missing some of your logic because of the vagueness of your argument.

Quote by Td_Nights
Damn straight.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Yes because it totally wouldn't be your responsibility to deal with what your kids watch.
+1. Damn it, I love it when people know what the **** their talking about.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Aug 9, 2009,