Hey all, i have the chance to get a Line 6 POD XT for a great price, is it worth it? I have a VOX ac15 tube amp and i love the sound my amp has alone but I would like to have some effects. I've heard that a lot of people use them live for their tone so I'm sure that's a good thing. Anyone have any input on this? My plan is to use it with my VOX AC15 for effects either messing around or jamming with people.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
From the looks of it already i'm gonna buy this pedal and love it.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
I love the fact that you can plug it into your computer for some sweet tones. I'm watching a video on youtube and i can't believe the sounds this thing is making.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
If its a good price yeah i guess its worthwhile, I don't think I've ever really tapped the full potential of mine and i just end up with every amp on it going scoop mids, max presence and they all end up the same. When i got my 5150 I was excited to see what the pod could do with it but the pod degrades the tone of the 5150 whether in front or in loop and so now it just never gets used...

Its what you make of it really.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
What price are you getting it for? I like mine. I won't have it in my chain, but if I want to directly record something to my computer, it rocks at that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm not sure about the XT, but I have the X3 Live, and I love it. It's simply amazing.
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
$200 with the power supply and case and everything.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
really good price, i have one, and i use it in the loop, works fine, i just need a noise gate and wah because of the signal order issues, need to wah and gate guitar signal only, not preamp, but for just delay and mod effects it is great, just takes fine tuning

and i've gotten some pretty sick tones out of it, and you can even run it like this for more versatility

guitar-->pod---(effects in on amp)-->amp

this allows for true modeling of the amp without worrying about the preamp, BUT BE WARNED if you have a tube power amp, the power tubes could add a character that is unwanted, in all of my distorted sounds it is stupid saggy....but with a solid state power source, also direct recording, i give it my blessing
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
I continually hear great things about Line 6 Pods, the XT especially. Odd really, I always assumed that the technology inside of the Spider III series amps was the same modeling software at work in the pods. I must be wrong, but Im not sure.

Is it the same?
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
ha i just bought a podxt live today. on ebay. 225 for the podxt, power suply, and all 4 model packs. pretty sweet deal. i have a pod 1.0 and i love it so i decided to go for the big one. its great for recording and for when i play at church. now ill be able to access even more tones and have them at my feet instead of my hands.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣