I've been recently getting into this band. What should I know about them/what are some good songs I should listen to? I quite like Forty Six & 2 and Stinkfist

Also someone please enlighten me as to why they aren't on the iTunes Store
get the album lateralus... and listen to it in the correct order (google it)... its just mind-blowing
I remember someone saying that Tool isn't on iTunes because they are about the experience, which you can't get with just one song, which is one of the reasons iTunes is so successful, etc. Something like that, I'm not sure.
Tool is one of the greatest bands around.
Their songs are extremely intricate and all evolve around one meaning or another. Arguably their best albums would be Aenima and Lateralus.
Quote by koikomoru
Tool is one of the greatest bands around.
Their songs are extremely intricate and all evolve around one meaning or another. Arguably their best albums would be Aenima and Lateralus.
Well I am planning to get Aenima, as soon as I can find it
get lateralus first, they aren't in iTunes because they are too good for it.

oh and theres a massive thread on Tool in this forum, use that next time.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by 1nSingularity
I hate asking questions on big threads about one topic like that.

And this topic differs hugely?

Ask us in the big thread, we're all friendly.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
check out the album lateralus, the song schism and the song vicarious lol.
Tool is amazing.
Tool is one of those rare bands where just about everything they've recorded is great. They've been my favorite band for the past 16 years and I've been fortunate enough to see them play a couple of times. Aenima is probably they're best album followed closely by Lateralus and Undertow. 10,000 Days and Opiate are also very good but, for me personally, aren't quite as good as Aenima, Lateralus and Undertow. There's also a live album called "Salival" that's definitely worth checking out.

If you're just looking for songs to listen to and not complete albums let me know and I'll recommend some.