Hey there!

Lately I've found myself playing my Ibanez GSZ120 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/gsz120/index.html) a lot, as it's easier for learning things like Paul Gilbert on compared to my Les Paul

It's tough for me to not see the £100 price tag and the way it looks so cheap though. It's a vanity issue I guess, but of course anyone wants to be seen playing something cool on an attractive guitar, not a piece of crap :L

Any suggestions as to what I can do to at least tart it up a little? I have the silver model
New paint job is always nice. You could also do a fabric finish, those look sweet.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
If you're confident in your abilities, either repaint it or hit it with some power tools to make it look aged and worn. if not, then MOAR STICKRZZ!!!
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
A sticker of naked lady riding a unicorn on fire while slicing an emo kids head of with her flaming sword while the unicorn is charging through a crowd of elderly people, impaling them with it's horn that happens to be on fire.
hardware changes (color/quality) can make a world of difference as far as aesthetics are concerned. More so for playability and tone. If you have experience, painting could be cool.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Nothing says tarty like Rhinestones!
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
yea, a new paint job (cheap and very easy. just takes a lot of time to dry) and new hardware (not so much) can make a crap guitar look professional. You probably don't want to post because this is an older thread, but this thread shows what i did to my squier. now, the hardware ended-up costing me about $300, but the paint job was right around $40...so that would be £179 and £24.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Head BANGER 81
If you're confident in your abilities, either repaint it or hit it with some power tools to make it look aged and worn. if not, then MOAR STICKRZZ!!!

I like the sound of making it look aged/worn, time to raid my grandpa's tool shed!
Quote by TatarSalad2
A sticker of naked lady riding a unicorn on fire while slicing an emo kids head of with her flaming sword while the unicorn is charging through a crowd of elderly people, impaling them with it's horn that happens to be on fire.

this, this, a million times this ~goes to do it on his project strat~
~Defiant~
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
New paint job, new hardware, stencils?

Two things:

1) I agree with the new paint job and the idea of stencils, if done right.

2) Awesome avatar.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by TatarSalad2

I like the way you think.
Only suggestion would be to add dinosaurs in there somehow. And a spaceship.
Or, even better, Shiva riding a two-headed T-rex ON a spaceship.