Now, when jamming/preforming, should I mic my amp into the PA? The head pushes 100w and the cab can get 400w out.

And could I run the amp into the PA without the cab?
Run a mic to the cab, try not to go line in as u lose quiet a bit of natural sound

but yeah generally still mic your amp so that they can get the levels right for front of house and EQ the settings correctly,
100W should be enough to fill a small stage/venue especially if it's tube. i played an auditorium with a 30W solid state combo. if you have doubts though, try it first without mic'ing and then with
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
I know im full of n00b questions tonight, but whats the point of EQingand Tone Shaping FOH if my amp already has EQ
Quote by Head BANGER 81
100W should be enough to fill a small stage/venue especially if it's tube. i played an auditorium with a 30W solid state combo. if you have doubts though, try it first without mic'ing and then with

100W tube should be able to fill a small stage/venue like he said, but it wont sound very good, and the sound will be bad at the front of house because the guitar would be too loud on one side of the stage, and nothing on the other side. Always mic it if given the option.. most venues wont let you choose, either they mic stuff and you just have it mic'd or they don't even offer because they wont do it. micing always sounds better

and as for playing an auditorium with 30W solid state, you must not have been playing with a full band... my drummer played louder than my MG30 to the point where it was inaudible... unless you mic'd it of course
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Night_Warrior
I know im full of n00b questions tonight, but whats the point of EQingand Tone Shaping FOH if my amp already has EQ

Because if your playing with a full band sometimes depends on your settings you could get drowned out by other instruments, or you may over power instruments like vocals

you got to remember FOH is far more important than just you being able to hear yourself

Plus being assisted by front of house there is more control of the volume for the audience as sometimes audio can be blocked by crowds and may not actually penetrate a few rows

but as stated above, you can try both within a bracket of five minutes

but i generally always mic up so it can be controlled
Ok, so what if everything sounds ok with out micing the amps? (Again im sooo sorry for these noob questions)
haha, dont stress, well if everyone sounds fine, then its completely up to you, but seriously if you ever have the option take it it just gives you that more Clear reception when done

but even though the band does sound fine, if there place gets packed out as i said before the sound will become baron and weak.

Plus being bass on one side, a quiet low and slow moving sound wave will get quiet destroyed by your guitar volume wise, it will also create a sort of off balance for the audience where they will only be featured to one instrument depending on the side they stand on
yhea, my dad told me that

one last Q

whats the point of EQingand Tone Shaping FOH if my amp already has EQ
Quote by Night_Warrior
yhea, my dad told me that

one last Q

whats the point of EQingand Tone Shaping FOH if my amp already has EQ

it can be used to fine tune the EQuing you have already shaped

or if the Venue your playing at, holds to much bass in the walls the EQ on the desk will get rid of a muddy sound (venues all have different sounds)

plus its also helps to cut through the House speakers where they will probably just boost what is needed to cut through each instrument

so all in all your Settings and tone does not really change you can still here your settings but its just been more redefined and enhanced
sorry for the 2x, but what was the point of getting a half-stack if I could have just micd a combo?
Quote by Night_Warrior
sorry for the 2x, but what was the point of getting a half-stack if I could have just micd a combo?

You've just hit upon the point that most people coming through GG&A never figure out.

Namely, it looks cooler. Other than that, a combo is perfectly acceptable for performances.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE