so i just saw a commercial for The Jeff Dunham show, coming in september on comedy central. i dont see it being good, i dont understand why hes so popular. i wonder what the show will be like
DECRESCENDO
I think he's hilarious but I think a comedy central show would be milking his success. Most comedy central shows only last a couple months, though.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
His stuff is pretty funny. I saw him live in March, down in SE Texas. It was embarrassing when he brought out the redneck puppet Bubba J, and not exaggerating, over 90% of the crowd were telling the jokes along with him. Makes me slightly ashamed to be from the south. =(
*This Space For Rent*
Quote by AStrangleHold
I think he's hilarious but I think a comedy central show would be milking his success. Most comedy central shows only last a couple months, though.

except chappelle show
No.

He is a hilarious stand-up comedian, but shows like that don't work out well.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Isn't it if you do a Comedy Central Special, you get the right to a show?

Either way I'm interested on how he can even put on a show without it being small stand-ups with each puppet. That would get pretty boring.
Quote by Primus2112
No.

He is a hilarious stand-up comedian, but shows like that don't work out well.

You bastard, I wanted to vote for Robot Nixon. Now I'm sad
He is probably gonna end up like Dimitri Martin or Daniel Tosh. After one season, its over.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
to see what his show will be like lets compare.

Mind of Mencia lasted awhile, but every sketch was built off of a joke we'd all heard before.

Important Thigns with Demetri Martin? Boring. His comedy is good at standup because of how he presents it and for whatever reason it doesn't translate the same way on sketches.

Tosh.0? While it's not horrible, they really could have gotten ANYONE to do that show.

I don't see it being good, lasting long, or being all that good for his career.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by coheed713
He is probably gonna end up like Dimitri Martin or Daniel Tosh. After one season, its over.

I was disappoint with Dimitri's show. It sucked so badly

Michael and Michael Have Issues is actually a really funny show. It looks like some comedians can do it right.
I really don't see what's funny about Jeff Dunham. Sure, he's a great ventriloquist, but how is, "I KEEL YOU!", even remotely funny? I've seen the material with the other puppets as well, and it's just not that good.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I really don't see what's funny about Jeff Dunham. Sure, he's a great ventriloquist, but how is, "I KEEL YOU!", even remotely funny? I've seen the material with the other puppets as well, and it's just not that good.

you have no idea how much times I was outside and every single one of my friends eventually told me the "I KEEL YOU" thing. I wanted to hit them, males and females.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
you have no idea how much times I was outside and every single one of my friends eventually told me the "I KEEL YOU" thing. I wanted to hit them, males and females.

me too
His only funny puppet is walter or whatever the old guy is and his pimp manager (even though as far as I know it has only been used once.) Everything else only occasionally has a funny moment or just flat out fails (fuck you jose jalapeno)
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
He's funny, but not as funny as everyone says he is.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I was disappoint with Dimitri's show. It sucked so badly

Michael and Michael Have Issues is actually a really funny show. It looks like some comedians can do it right.

I usually love Dimitri Martin, but that show didn't really grab me. There were some parts that made me literally rofl and some parts that were just got a chuckle.
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 9, 2009,
He is so ungodly unfunny, this show will be more of a flop than the previous 7 attempts at going from comedian to show host by Comedy Central.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I can't say I'm a big fan of comedy period.

I can stand sitcoms, but I can't stand stuff that really TRIES to be funny all the time.
Quote by MercyfulFate505
I can't say I'm a big fan of comedy period.

I can stand sitcoms, but I can't stand stuff that really TRIES to be funny all the time.

What?
I like his stuff...
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Is demetri's show coming back or is that done, theyve only been showing reruns here and there
Balls.
I think Dunham is one of the more creative comedians out there especially with all his dolls.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
Quote by dma529
I think Dunham is one of the more creative comedians out there especially with all his dolls.

I really hope you're being sarcastic. And I laughed at "dolls".
hes popular because all the little kids who make up the majority of comedy central's viewing audience say he's a funny f*cker. although they are wrong
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
hes popular because all the little kids who make up the majority of comedy central's viewing audience say he's a funny f*cker. although they are wrong

Wait does that mean I'm a minority? I demand free scholarships!!!
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Wait does that mean I'm a minority? I demand free scholarships!!!

im not sure what youre trying to say.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by rock.freak667

That's the problem. I was a fan of Jeff Dunham before EVERYONE fucking knew about him. Now he sucks, I hate to admit. Oh, how the mighty have fallen
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well that sucks.

for you
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Well I do like being sucked.

who doesnt?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
who doesnt?

Leeches

EDIT: Because they do the sucking. Bad comeback I know.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Aug 10, 2009,