http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/1314308237.html

He says it's a dk2? if he's honest and this is what he says it is i might have to pick it up. That's like a $700 guitar and he's selling it for $250. There's no problems according to the add.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-520318-i1446457.gc

What do you think?
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
That's not the same guitar.
The craigslist one has Duncan Desgined pickups (crappy foreign made copys that really don't sound anythign like the origional). It's got binding and what looks like some kind of figured top.
That's not saying the CL one is a bad deal though, swap out the pickups and you'll have a pretty decent guitar.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
That's not the same guitar.
The craigslist one has Duncan Desgined pickups (crappy foreign made copys that really don't sound anythign like the origional). It's got binding and what looks like some kind of figured top.
That's not saying the CL one is a bad deal though, swap out the pickups and you'll have a pretty decent guitar.

What would the cl one be worth? I just want to see if i'm getting my moneys worth.
for 250 you cant really go wrong.
It looks damn good even if its not the same guitar.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by alexpalka23
What would the cl one be worth? I just want to see if i'm getting my moneys worth.

Not really being an expert on US pricings I'd say it seems to be a pretty decent deal. The Jackson LFRs have a pretty decent reputation as well as Jackson as a brand. Swap out those Duncan Designeds for maybe a JB/Jazz set and you'll have a pretty versatile guitar for under $400.
But of course, play it first.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Yeah. The thing is that i just checked out jackson's on guitarcenter and musiciansfriend and i didn't see anything on there that could pass for a dk2. the only guitars that fit that style with the hss pickup set and everything were the dk2's... Any ideas? models i'm not seeing maybe?
Quote by alexpalka23
Yeah. The thing is that i just checked out jackson's on guitarcenter and musiciansfriend and i didn't see anything on there that could pass for a dk2. the only guitars that fit that style with the hss pickup set and everything were the dk2's... Any ideas? models i'm not seeing maybe?

It's probably an older, discontinued model, plus GC and MF don't carry every model of the brands they stock you'd be better off checking the Jackson site, e-mail the guy and ask what year it is.

EDIT: Looks to be an older version of This mate.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by consecutive e
It's probably an older, discontinued model, plus GC and MF don't carry every model of the brands they stock you'd be better off checking the Jackson site, e-mail the guy and ask what year it is.

EDIT: Looks to be an older version of This mate.

Seems like you're probably right about that... But, it's an H-S-S style. Any ideas?

even on jackon's site that's the only one that fits the bill.
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Aug 9, 2009,
Quote by alexpalka23
Seems like you're probably right about that... But, it's an H-S-S style. Any ideas?

even on jackon's site that's the only one that fits the bill.

Sorry if I'm seemign a bit daft but I don't really understand you that well. The guitar in the CL ad was a H-H configuration and so was the one I linked you to on the Jackson site.
If you're looking for other H-S-S Jacksons there's a couple of Soloists and Adrian Smith's San Dimas' come in a H-S-S.
Clarify a bit more?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Alright well i just got him to send me pics. He has already sold the black on efrom the add but he has 4 more that he'd like to sell for 250 each. I can give serial numbers if that could help. Anyone want to help me get those serials checked or tell me how?

Quote by consecutive e
Sorry if I'm seemign a bit daft but I don't really understand you that well. The guitar in the CL ad was a H-H configuration and so was the one I linked you to on the Jackson site.
If you're looking for other H-S-S Jacksons there's a couple of Soloists and Adrian Smith's San Dimas' come in a H-S-S.
Clarify a bit more?

That one from cl was hss.

Edit: alright well i'm about to post up pictures of 3 guitars he sent me and the serial numbers of each. Tell me what you think. Also, thanks for all your help here guys. I don't know where i'd turn without ug's community! haha.
Alright, sorry for the double post but i don't want to break a world record for the largest single post known to the world.

S/N 9671176

S/N 9637464

S/N 01060199

Sorry. Large pics are large.

Notice that the them has jackson on one side of it. Idk if that's normal on these guitars bu ti figured i'd point that out.

Edit: He emailed me. Says they're DK2 Pro Dinkys. Does this check out?
its a pre-fender DK2. they had Duncan Design. well worth the 250. i would swap the pups for TB4/SSL-3/Sustainiac (or Fernandes Sustainer) but thats just me
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
its a pre-fender DK2. they had Duncan Design. well worth the 250. i would swap the pups for TB4/SSL-3/Sustainiac (or Fernandes Sustainer) but thats just me

Cool. So it'd be worth it. I'll be going to check em' out tomorrow! Now on to which color i should get haha. I'll take a vote. First to 5 gets bought lol.

Also, This'll be the first floating trem guitar i've ever bought used. Is there anything i should be looking for (as in like bridge problems or something that would make the guitar a pain to play or something along those lines?)
basically its something that you learn by doing (but definitely read up on them anyway). they are a very love/hate feature, but they add a new flair to your writing style if you have one. Just remember: subtle use is almost always better (unless of course a massive dive into a dime squeal is appropos).

Big things to look for are dull knife edges, grooved nut lockers and saddle pieces, and make sure you dont lose the lockers on the bridge or nut...it becomes a hassle when you cant find them.

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
basically its something that you learn by doing (but definitely read up on them anyway). they are a very love/hate feature, but they add a new flair to your writing style if you have one. Just remember: subtle use is almost always better (unless of course a massive dive into a dime squeal is appropos).

Big things to look for are dull knife edges, grooved nut lockers and saddle pieces, and make sure you dont lose the lockers on the bridge or nut...it becomes a hassle when you cant find them.

Alright. Where exactly would i look to see the knife edges? everything else i think i can check without question.
Quote by alexpalka23
Alright. Where exactly would i look to see the knife edges? everything else i think i can check without question.

the part of the bridge that is pivoting on the studs. this is really hard to check by eye. the only real way to tell is to do a few dives and pulls and see if it returns back to tune (this is after ruling out other possibilities however). If the edges are in fact dull, the only solution is to buy a whole new bridge for it, but thankfully, its a direct swap for an OFR or Gotoh FR

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

Quote by Metlhead443
the part of the bridge that is pivoting on the studs. this is really hard to check by eye. the only real way to tell is to do a few dives and pulls and see if it returns back to tune (this is after ruling out other possibilities however). If the edges are in fact dull, the only solution is to buy a whole new bridge for it, but thankfully, its a direct swap for an OFR or Gotoh FR

Cool. I'll check all of that really well then. Thanks alot you guys. You have really helped me out tonight. You'll probably see a ngd tomorrow or sometime very soon this week by me lol. Alright well i'm going to get off and jam for a few so you'll probably all see me tomorrow at sometime or another. Peace!