I have had many people recommend this guitar... do you guys know anything about it? Would this be a wise investment?
What's your budget and what music do you play?
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
I don't really have a budget per say being that this is going to be a Christmas gift and that luckily my parents don't mind spending a pretty penny, and I play Alternative Rock and my style is much like that of U2's The Edge or Coldplay's Jonny Buckland, in fact my pedal board represents theirs on a much smaller scale.
Go for it. Honestly though, i would advise getting into some music with balls. Or just giving me the Tele.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I know that U2 and Coldplay aren't the most popular bands amongst the intense music crowd, but what can I say... my style's my style.
If you want the tele, go for it. If price isn't an option I think you should take a look at the tele reissues. The deluxe comes with noiseless pickups... I bought a deluxe strat but ended up swapping the pickups because the noiselesses lacked some character. So if you go with the deluxe, make sure you don't mind having noiseless pickups.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
It is the greatest guitar ever invented. If it was a human I would have sex with it, and even without that detail I am still considering it.

EDIT: But in all seriousness, it is an extremely good guitar. The neck feels flawless, the body is very comfortable, and it has a great acoustic tone. The tuners are spot on, and it avoids string breakage very well. If you have loose strings on it, it is a blast to play.

HOWEVER, I cannot stand the SCN pickups. So dead sounding, compared to the MIA standard (whose pickups sound phenomenal) the neck sounds very warm but dull, and the bridge has no sparkle whatsoever. The neck is decent but boring, and the bridge pickup is just downright bad. I am thinking of switching to EMGs, dimarzios, or even gibsons (I have always idolized Keef).
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Aug 10, 2009,
I have one and I love it, but as the poster above said, you MAY want to swap out the pickups for more lively sounding ones. Other than that it's really a fantastic and versatile instrument. I don't really have anything bad to say about it.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Seems pretty much ideal for what you want. Will give you a nice amount of clarity and should be a dream to play.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Perfect for what you want to play, but as said before, thou art in need of music with balls.

Still, that thing will be able to handle anything in the range of cleans to rock, it really is a great guitar.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
To be fair, he can listen to and play whatever he likes. At least he listens to some music from the last 10 years, unlike a lot of people who seem to be stuck in the 60s/70s or 80s. I don't like U2 or Coldplay, but whatever.

TS - You like The Smiths and Talking Heads? Should be worth checking out. Great guitar playing and, IMHO, a million times better than U2 and Coldplay.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Sounds like a perfect instrument.
Can't go wrong with a Tele, especially one of those.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Whats wrong with U2 and Coldplay, I bet everyone here who is saying this stuff hasn't listened to them for more then about two minutes. The Edge happens to have on of the fullest sounds of any guitarist I have ever heard, and he is a decent guitar player to top it off. I am not crazy about Coldplay but Johnny Buckland has a style very similar to the Edge. TS, try the tele out, I have tried it and happened to like the noisless pickups, so try it, if you like, then get it.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by Kurapica
To be fair, he can listen to and play whatever he likes. At least he listens to some music from the last 10 years, unlike a lot of people who seem to be stuck in the 60s/70s or 80s. I don't like U2 or Coldplay, but whatever.

TS - You like The Smiths and Talking Heads? Should be worth checking out. Great guitar playing and, IMHO, a million times better than U2 and Coldplay.

I'm not saying he can't listen to whatever he likes. There's just better music along the same lines that he should focus on, regardless of what era it's from, because that really shouldn't matter.

I'm not telling him to change his opinions, just expand his horizons. All in all I could care less though, but there's nothing wrong with getting your opinion out, as long as there is no heavy criticism going on.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...