My music collection isn't that big really, only about 10GB, but my files are spread across several folders and directories and whatnot and I want to reorder them all into one nice folder Music->Artist->Album. That kind of thing. I use itunes as my media player and I was wondering how album artwork is handled. Is the artwork saved IN the music file or is it saved elsewhere? Any other tips for organizing my music?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Artwork doesnt matter. if it gets lost, download later. And its saved elswhere anyway.
but itll take about 3-4 hours to rearrange it all. I did the same thing to ma library couple months ago.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
Having a perfect music collection is so nice. Make a folder for a band, and a folder for each album in the band folder and so on. Works perfectly. Also use WMP11 for the best artwork and organization in general.

Thats just a fraction.
Some is, some isn't.

If you want to embed artwork in the files, use this: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

And organizing music is a pain. It took me about five hours to organize my ~12 gig music collection. A great timewaster though.
Props for listening to the faceless haha. Well I'm using linux so wmp is out of the question haha
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Well you linux hackers probably have some sort of auto fellatio capable of doing that. Never would they allow Microsoft to be so superior :p

It is so worth it though. I am proud of my pristine collection.