just wondering which wah you think would sound best for wide ranges of music,

i'm looking at:

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe,
Ibanez WD-7
Ibanez WH-10 reissue
MXR CAE Wah
Dunlop 535q wah
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby from hell

i've heard good things from all, i just wanted to hear some views of the wahs compared to each other, and compared to price, like if wah A is the best, but Wah B is really close and $100 USD cheaper, then that will help tremendously, i play everything from metalcore to classic rock to blues to jazz to ska, and my tunings range from standard E to standard B,

thanks for the help
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
i thought the 535q and crybaby from hell were exactly the same except the dime one has a drive circuit built into the pedal. not worth the extra money if you ask me. if you want to spend the money look into the different RMC wah pedals. expensive but sound amazing.
well, the only ones out of those ive played are the Dunlops, but i can tell you right now that nothing that comes from Dunlop is low end whatsoever. If it were between the 2, i would say the 535q is a little more versatile and the crybaby from hell is pretty harsh, almost too harsh even for a hard rock/metal fan like me
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I have the Clyde Deluxe and I can vouch for its various great tones. With the internal trim pot and the three modes, you can get lots of great sounds. All the modes respond well to distortion and it is a very vocal wah, and you can really hear it go "wah".

I don't think I'd recommend a WH-10. I cannot testify to it's versatility, but if you're after specifically a Frusciante tone, well then there you go.

My vote to the Clyde Deluxe.
Quote by simpleben09
well, the only ones out of those ive played are the Dunlops, but i can tell you right now that nothing that comes from Dunlop is low end whatsoever. If it were between the 2, i would say the 535q is a little more versatile and the crybaby from hell is pretty harsh, almost too harsh even for a hard rock/metal fan like me

They're the same pedal man, almost exactly. Also, the standard crybaby is junk, all around.

Both the dunlops are versatile, but they're still gonna sound like a crybaby either way, so make sure you like that sound.

The clyde is a nice sounding pedal, but not nearly as expressive and vocal as I like. I dunno how well it's do high gain stuff, but it's great for the lower gain stuff.

I haven't tried any of the others there.

My personal favorite is the BYOC wah. I lower the input cap on mine it sounds great, the most recent few clips in my profile demonstrate it. I don't think it's great for high gain (though it can be dialed to sound decent) it absolute kills for lower gain stuff. Can be made to sound extremely vocal which is very important for me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Area 51 wah is quite versatile and has quite a number of customizable options too.

Area 51 Wah
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 9, 2009,
just wanted to say thanks for the responses so far, i too have heard good things about the deluxe, i'm trying to find a good wah for my styles and money, i don't have a real budget, but the way i see it, if i can get a really good wah, for a decen price, great, i will edit out the DB-01, because i have heard that it's basically only really good for metal, unless i get tons of people saying otherwise

as far as RMC goes, from what i saw and read at the website, they are more designed for classic rock and blues, which is only a facet of what i play, so if someone can argue otherwise, they aren't something i'm considering
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
RMC makes a wah tailored toward high gain sounds (the wheels of fire one I think?) A couple of their wahs have tone shaping controls.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
okay, i've narrowed it down to just these wahs,

Dunlop Db-01
MXR CAE Wah, kinda iffy, don't know much about it, just seen stuff on youtube
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

still kinda considering WD-7 because of the praise, but i'm leaning away because of the akward shape and have heard it's not that great at cleans, keep the opinions and suggestions rollin'

thanks

EDIT: i checked out the RMC's, sounded too vintage for a good modern distortion sound imo, and no offense, i was pretty sure of that before, if anyone knows anything about the MXR wah, i would very much like to hear what you have to say, thanks
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Last edited by Metalmaker at Aug 10, 2009,
I'd recommend buying used, whatever your choice. However, if you insist on buying new, you can buy blemished stuff off of Fulltone's website for about $50 cheaper.

You should try craigslist. If you can find a used Clyde Deluxe for under $200, it will be totally worth it, considering you'll pay about $100 more for a new one. If you get a Clyde Deluxe, you can bet it'll last through the Apocalypse. The steel is thick, and you can bet it'll never break. It sounds amazing before and after distortion, easy to set and use. Nothing to not like about it. Plus it looks beautiful. Especially the older white version.