I have had this amp for a while now, maybe close to two years or so, and have never had many problems with it. However, today something went horribly wrong with it.

The entire early part of the morning the amp was working fine. I played for a few hours and left it. I returned later that evening and once again, the amp worked fine. I played for another hour or so and went to watch T.V.

During the time that I went to watch T.V. a thunder-storm passed over. There was no indication of a power-spike or failure (no t.v. flickering/ lights flickering, etc).

I went back to do a quick jam and I noticed something was wrong right as I turned on my amp. Instead of the normal "pop-hiss" that I am used to upon turning it on, I encountered a "pop-crackle-crackle-hiss." I didn't think anything of it, and went on setting up my rig. I set up, and turned up the master volume and nothing but static.

I turned it up more, and began to hear my guitar, but it was encased in static. I tried to play through it, hoping it would fix itself. After about a minute of playing, the static cut out for another minute, but the volume fluxuated frequently. I have tried multiple cables and settings, but to no avail.

The obvious thought running through my head is that the storm had something to do with it, but it could be just a coincidence. There is no way for me to know.

TL;DR - My amp is creating alot of static and the volume fades in and out, making it impossible to play.

What could be wrong with it?
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Vox cut a lot of corners with the input jacks on their amps to keep cost down. First of all try an amp reset. You should be able to find the instructions in your manual or online (you will lose any saved presets). If this doesn't remedy it, get some electronic contact cleaner spray and clean ALL your jacks. Guitar input, headphone, etc. Work the plug in and out to thoroughly clean it. Let it dry for a few minutes and try again.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Alright, thanks guys. I'll get it looked at.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I should also note that the tube in the valvetronix amps should really not need to be replaced for a LOOONG time. Very little current actually passes through and it works quite a bit differently then a traditional preamp tube. The odds of your tube fouling out are slim to none. Coming unseated? Yes. But actually failing. Not likely.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.