Saturday I found a zippo lighter lying on a table at my work...it was from last night and it's out of fluid so filled it and bueno it's working. Sorry that was kind of the highlight of my weekend. So it got me thinking, has anyone's trash ever been your treasure?
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
found a peavy basic 50 In the trash when i was like 13.

Still use it today.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
This thread is doomed.................................
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST...-Zappa
Quote by Dumebuggy
Your mom has

wow let's give a clap to this man's originality.

You my friend are a genious, where did you just come up with that comeback. I have never thought of a better thing than to post a "Your mom" bit.

By the way she died of cancer when I was 6, so thank you even more.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by ESPeciallyfx
found a peavy basic 50 In the trash when i was like 13.

Still use it today.
Whoa. I found a Peavy guitar last year. xD

It was all beat up though... and I dunno any good guitar workshops. I still have it though.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
An old stereo filled with some nice CD's. A couple of tab books someone threw away. One time I found one of those revolvers they use for races. The one that only loads blanks (cant fire the chamber is blocked) so just makes a really ****ing big bang. That's fun for pranks!
"Those people who tell you not to take chances
They are all missing on what life is about
You only live once so take hold of the chance
Don't end up like others the same song and dance"
-Metallica
Quote by reb_49
wow let's give a clap to this man's originality.

You my friend are a genious, where did you just come up with that comeback. I have never thought of a better thing than to post a "Your mom" bit.

By the way she died of cancer when I was 6, so thank you even more.

You can't take a joke, can you?

It was said for fun. I meant to be mocking the "your mom" jokes in a way, since they haven't been used in a long time. It was supposed to be funny and you, my friend, ruined it.

But really? I'm very sorry to hear that, and that wasn't sarcasm, I'm actually sympathizing.

My greatest apologies.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
I pulled a beach towel out of a bay in the lake. I cleaned it, dried it and it was like brand new. No holes, no stains, no funky smell. I still use it today.
Quote by Dumebuggy
You can't take a joke, can you?

It was said for fun. I meant to be mocking the "your mom" jokes in a way, since they haven't been used in a long time. It was supposed to be funny and you, my friend, ruined it.

But really? I'm very sorry to hear that, and that wasn't sarcasm, I'm actually sympathizing.

My greatest apologies.

just kidding bud, no my mom is alive. Sorry, forgot to say that I was joking.

I mean come on who the hell laughs about their mother's death.

wow now I just sounded like an ass in that earlier comment sorry bud
Last edited by reb_49 at Aug 10, 2009,
Ye, Step-Dad's old guitar. Was kinda nice as I wanted acoustic.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
I found a used condom on the street last year

still use it to this day
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I found a techno CD called Hit the Decks III when I was walking home from school once. It was OK.

My friend found a plastic toy horse that had a penis and balls.

I also found a bag of weed in a parking lot when I went to the park with my brother, but I didn't really wanna smoke it... If I remember right, it was all yellow and dried up.
Saint Louis Blues
I'm on the phone with my friend right now and he said he found a bong.
Quote by reb_49
just kidding bud, no my mom is alive. Sorry, forgot to say that I was joking.

I mean come on who the hell laughs about their mother's death.

wow now I just sounded like an ass in that earlier comment sorry bud

Haha, no worries man, I thought you were ridiculing me for using the "your mom" joke because your mom was actually dead. Sorry man, hahaha.

And it's cool, haha..

Man, I wish there was a way to express sarcasm over the internet, I use it SO much in my daily speaking and it sucks that it can't be addressed over text online.

It's quite depressing.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
I found a rusty needle in an alleyway a few years ago.

Still use it to this day.

EDIT: I've been feeling sick recently, I'm a pretty healthy guy, aside from some recreational drug use, anyone know what's up?
I find pens, rulers, eraser, sharpeners. I didn't actually buy any of my stationery for school.
XIAOXI
Onc found some Old Classical Guitar in a dumpster. It was actually ok, now that I fingerpick a lot, I really wish I hadn't smashed it Pete Townshend style...
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I found a perfectly fine chair by the dumpster a few years ago.

I don't know what they were thinking when they threw it away. I still have it, and it's the comfiest motherf*cking chair ever.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
I found an old school chair, and a watermelon. I threw the watermelon off a building, i sit on the chair.
Honeybiscuit is here.
I once found an old electric guitar that was hand made, I think, in a building that was gonna be torn down. Took off the stickers and replaced the strings and it is quite awesome.
I found a CD copy of Rage Against The Machine "Evil Empire" in a dumpster about 6-7 years ago. My friends and I sometimes dig through the dumpsters at Gamestop in hopes of damaged/defective games and consoles, though all we ever find is display boxes and old shelves.
Loudspeakers and old boomboxes.

I live in Switzerland, and people throw stuff out just because it's old, even if it still works perfectly. With a bit of luck, you could assemble a whole computer from what you found at the dump. It might even run XP. Not that I've tried.
I always get a bit freaked out when people throw out stuff like awesome chairs. If there is nothing wrong with it, then there's gotta be some reason its been trashed. Maybe its cursed..... or "stained"......

Or maybe their just filthy rich.
a portable (barely) radio walkman from the 70s or 80s that was in our cupboard somewhere, it was pretty good, could record to casettes, so I used it to get Nights With Alice Cooper, since the radio station moved it to god knows what hour of the morning.
I've found like 10 mountain bikes that I used for parts for the two bikes I actually use, chairs, records, an old ass cassette recording system that was probably worth a good amount of money until I took a bat to it, cassatte tapes, a leaf blower, my friend found a working old ass HP with Windows XP, he also found a lava lamp.

Stuff like that, me and a couple friends used to look through dumpsters at my friend's old apartment complex.
Transformers 2 is now the 19th highest grossing film of all time

so that trash appears to be a lot of treasure.
Quote by Glass_Skin
I've found like 10 mountain bikes that I used for parts for the two bikes I actually use, chairs, records, an old ass cassette recording system that was probably worth a good amount of money until I took a bat to it, cassatte tapes, a leaf blower, my friend found a working old ass HP with Windows XP, he also found a lava lamp.

Stuff like that, me and a couple friends used to look through dumpsters at my friend's old apartment complex.

You did WUT? Sorry, first thing I thought of when I read that..was...dirty.
My house? My parents bought it 13 years ago when it was just 4 walls. Right now it's a castle.

Beat that.
Plays on a Fender Classic Player 60 Strat through a Roland Cube 60