hey guys, i love the look, feel, and lightweight body and neck that the les paul classic has to offer. however, im not a huge fan of the 500t and 496R.

I am planning on getting 490 R and T's replaced in, or 490R and 498t's in.

Which pair would you recommend if were to put them in an lp classic?

If it helps, i like somewhat of a big sound, with some slight punch but also with warmth when im using overdrive/distortion.
your description for tone is very vague a lot of pickups can give you that, narrow it down, throw out some bands.

or better yet, what guitarist's tone is most close to what you want?

I'm a big fan of WCR pickups and Wolfetone pickups. They both put out quality products and both Jim and Wolfe are great standup guys who are all about quality.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 10, 2009,
i really like the tone of senses fail's guitarists and the guitar tone on bayside's new album, shudder.
What amp are you using?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^agreed. There are a few combinations of pickup and amp that can make that sound so to recommend the best pickups we need to know the amp.
Not taking any online orders.
Right now i'm playing with a Vox AD30VT, but i'm gonna be getting a Blackstar HT-5 head pretty soon.
I'd suggest going with a simi hot alnico bridge pickup and a hot PAF style neck. My warm Heritage bridge and silverback neck would work great. If you wanted to go name brand then I'd look at Seymour duncan custom 5 for the bridge and his 59 for the neck.
Not taking any online orders.