I've checked all over the internet, and throughout several differn't forums, plus the search bar, and have had now luck finding a Bigsby style bridge for a seven string guitar. To make things short and sweet, do they exsist, where could I get one, and how much would it cost?
Seeing as how Bigsby's are more commonly used in styles like country, blues and jazz and how 7-string guitars are more commonly associated with heavier music I doubt that they exist, and a custom job would be extremely expensive, even then I'm not sure it would be possible.

Why not just settle for some other form of vibrato system. Or you could just get a six string guitar with a bigsby tailpiece.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Never seen a 7 string bigsby. They may be out there but it is unlikely to be cheap.
The reason why I would like one is that because I play blues, and I like having the extra string for lower voiceings of things, or to add more color to my chords, like in Jazz. I don't need something that lets me do big dives, just a full vibrato for my chords, or to add a wavering effect to my playing. Just trying to build my sound, and this is what I would like.

Also, I don't see why it'd be hard to make, a stiffer spring, to make up for the extra tension, and a little wider bridge overall, with one extra stud to put the last string on....
Its not that its hard for them to make. Its gonna be the demand. The market is much smaller for 7 string v 6 string. Most of the people playing 7 strings are metal players and when they look for a trem the bigsby's limited range is not what they are looking for. If they did make a 7string bigsby theres the issue of the various models to fit flat top/carved top guitars. They are gonna make a bunch of them in a production run to keep the per unit price down, how longs it gonna take em to sell 1,000 or more 7 string/8 string etc bigsby's.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its not that its hard for them to make. Its gonna be the demand. The market is much smaller for 7 string v 6 string. Most of the people playing 7 strings are metal players and when they look for a trem the bigsby's limited range is not what they are looking for. If they did make a 7string bigsby theres the issue of the various models to fit flat top/carved top guitars. They are gonna make a bunch of them in a production run to keep the per unit price down, how longs it gonna take em to sell 1,000 or more 7 string/8 string etc bigsby's.

Exactly. The problem isn't if they can make a 7 string Bigbsy, but if they should. 7 strings are already a smaller market where 95% of people there play metal. A Bigbsy is not at all suited for metal playing. This leaves you with such a small crowd that doing a production run would leave you with loss.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well, I was pretty sure a large company wouldn't, does anyone know a small custom shop, or even some small time machinest who'd be willing to build one? It wouldn't be hard, and they wouldn't have to build several thousand.
Well that might be possible, the problem is that since hardware is made out of metal you need a canvas and since no 7 string Bigsbys, they woukd have to make one and it would cost a lot ot make just one to be honest, but my tip is to look around, but be ready that it will cost you.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

may I ask what you need it for? unless you're a jazz player metal dudes don't really need this
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Yeah, I'm also confused as to why you would need a Bigsby if all you play is chugga chugga whee whee...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
7 string jazz. cool stuff. gimme a minute I have an idea
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Well the thing is that I see why you would want a Bigsby, though I'd say it wouldn't be worth it. Since all hardware is metal it's made at large steelplants and not really handmade or so and most of it overseas... So to find someone who'd make one would run you qutie a bit...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

http://mollinst.com/pages/Resources/Site

You might find something here. and if not I'm sure you could get them to make one with a bigsby
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
well, is their anouther style of bridge that works similar to the Bigsby, more of a vibrato unit then something for dive bombs?
There are several Fender style vibrato units available for seven string guitars. That may appeal to you more. I believe Hipshot makes a few as do a couple other companies. I'm sure a quick Google search will find you something.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
I'm not a big fan of the fender vibrato units, I've used a few on privious guitars of mine, but yes, I will be looking into other vibrato units, unless i can find a way to make the bigsby work for a decent price.
i dont understand why the assumption is that if someone is playing a 7/8 string, they only play metal.

around here, there are tons of 7/8 string users that play funk and jazz, but, then again i doubt a 7/8 string guitar with a bigsby would go to well in sales. i doubt you will find one, unless it's a custom, one-off piece.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Looking at a bigsby a mod you might be able to try is the shaft with the 6 studs on it for the ball ends, maybe crowd them together a little bit to be able to squeeze an extra stud on it for that extra string. Be the cheapest way. Having a new wider base made would not be cheap at all.

Its not that there isnt ANY demand out there for 7 string bigsby's. Just isnt enough for them to go to the effort to retool to make em. Just as there is demand out there for lefty trems, I know I would like more selection for myself. Just aint enough demand for most corporations to deal with it. And the cost for a smaller operation to build em is to high. Its like walmart if EVERYBODY doesnt buy it they dont stock it.
maybe get a kahler vibrato, but put lots of tension on it so you're not tempted to divebomb while jamming on "Straight No Chaser"
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
A lot of people seem confused about wanting a bigsby on a 7 string.

Fun Fact: Jazz players were the first people to start using 7 strings to extend the range of their scales and chords, metal and others genre's just went with it.

As for the TS's question, I have seen some 7 string Bigsby's before so I know you can get them without having to do some DIY job. I just have no idea where.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Well I understand he plays jazz and why he would want a 7 string. Since a lot of jazz bassists uses 5 strings too, it makes a lot of sense to want to have the same range. What I said was merely that from an economical standpoint a 7 string Bigbsy doesn't exist because there is no market for it.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Ninja Penguin77
A lot of people seem confused about wanting a bigsby on a 7 string.

Fun Fact: Jazz players were the first people to start using 7 strings to extend the range of their scales and chords, metal and others genre's just went with it.

As for the TS's question, I have seen some 7 string Bigsby's before so I know you can get them without having to do some DIY job. I just have no idea where.

If you can get more information I'd be most obliged.

Well, if it doesn't exsist, then I'll settle on something else if I can afford the custom jobs, which I probably can't. It's not that I'm picky, it's just that I know what I would like, so if it exsists then might as well try to get it.
Quote by funkymonkz
Seeing as how Bigsby's are more commonly used in styles like country, blues and jazz and how 7-string guitars are more commonly associated with heavier music I doubt that they exist, and a custom job would be extremely expensive, even then I'm not sure it would be possible.

Why not just settle for some other form of vibrato system. Or you could just get a six string guitar with a bigsby tailpiece.

There are tons of jazz players who use seven string guitars, not just metal musicians. I think that there is a company who does a Bigsby style bridge for a seven string guitar specifically for jazz players.
PRS 7 string tremilo bridge. I have seen a 7 string semi-hollow Tele with a Bigsby stlye trem before. Contact Bigsby and see if they know anything about one?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate