I was at our practice space today with my bassist and had my SG lying in it's case with the lid open. My buddy knocked a mic stand over and it put a fingernail size dent between the 7th and 8th frets of my Gibson SG. It seems to play fine, but it looks stupid. Is there any way I can get this fixed?

Typical bassist!
idk but at least your mom didn't manage to some how snap the whole neck off!

its not gonna be cheap i'll tell you that. you can replace the fretboard?
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Its not really worth fixing unless you want to replace the whole fretboard.
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
idk but at least your mom didn't manage to some how snap the whole neck off!

its not gonna be cheap i'll tell you that. you can replace the fretboard?

agreed, although a cheaper fix may be to mix wood and wood filer mix and paint and sand
~Defiant~
no. you dont need a new fretboard. gotta ask, what kind of board is it? a dark rosewood or ebony would be great and easier to fill without it being noticeable.. maple might be a little more obvious, but it also depends on the piece. any local lutheir worth his salt should be able to do it for you, far under the cost of a new board!
Quote by POWERMETAL!
no. you dont need a new fretboard. gotta ask, what kind of board is it? a dark rosewood or ebony would be great and easier to fill without it being noticeable.. maple might be a little more obvious, but it also depends on the piece. any local lutheir worth his salt should be able to do it for you, far under the cost of a new board!

It is ebony.

Thanks for the info!
Can't it be steamed out?
Is it more of an indent,or are the individual fibres broken?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.