Hey I was browsing through my local guitar shop today when three brightly colored guitars caught my attention. They happened to be the three new guitars that charvel has released not too long ago, the so cal and the san dimas 1(strat) and 2(tele).

Specs on them:

Maple neck, mini grover tuners, ORIGINAL floyd rose, SD JB in the bridge and '59 in neck on the san dimas, dimarizo tonezone and evo in the so cal, one volume and three way switch.

I played them all and they felt really great, nice feel to the neck and they all sound really great, especially with distortion.

I was just wondering what other members of UG thought about these guitars, i am considering about buying one now, as they just fit in my budget.

so whaddya think?
i love the So Cal! i can't decide if i like it more in green or red... but Charvels have always looked like pure class to me. i love them. screams "80's hair metal done right."
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
they seem to be great guitars for the money. keeping in mind that this is nitpicking, the only things i dont like about them is the lack of a contoured neck heel and the lack of singlecoil sounds.

my personal favourite is the so-cal in purple
great guitars mate. the other guitarist in my band plays a white san dimas and it's awesome - you'd be hard pushed to find better value mia guitars.

the wacky colours are a limited run by the way - if you get one it'll probably be a good investment.
I think they are a great deal. There aren't many guitars out there with those specs for $1000. I too like the colors.
Charvels are awesome guitars. The models you mentioned are made in the US too, so you can't go wrong

Its a Jackson in a tuxedo basically- I'd def pick one up...
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
So-Ca-Southern California-Mexico
It´s the same thing man^^
but i hate that fender headstock and the vintage trussrod.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I would love a Charvel if I had the money!!

If I ever get the chance to get one, I would like a San Dimas in Candy Blue. I love the look of that guitar.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
sweet thats what i was hoping to hear.

now the question of the ages. Do i get the strat style so cal/ san dimas or the tele style san dimas? very tough choice
I'd go for the Strat style one, only complaint for me would be the one-piece neck, though that's just a minor complaint. I'd say go for it if you like the guitar!
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
They are absolutely the very best super strats for that price.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
They are amazing guitars for the price. Definitely the next guitar I get is going to be a San Dimas Style 1.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
I got Charvel and i love it! Though, mine is one before they were bought by fender so...one of the last real Charvel. Its simply awesome! I tried out a san dimas at my local store and i loved it too. I'll save up for it. Guess im set for Charvel guitars.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
They defined SuperTele.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard