What would we rate this? I'm looking for a cheaper stack+head for about 500 bucks, maybe less. (My amp is a roland 20x cube...I need a new one, bad.) If anyone has any better suggestions (maybe a combo) I am alllll ears.

If you wanna know what I plan to play= Gn'R, Zeppelin, ACDC, RHCP (rarely), Metallica, Megadeth, Eric Johnson, and so on and so forth. So, I'm good for any suggestions

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT-5H-and-HT-110-Guitar-Mini-Half-Stack-489746-i1435429.gc

Currently what im looking at.
That's a good idea, but won't be loud enough for unmixed gigs. If you gg at somewhere without a PA, this isn't a good choice.
Other than that it's a great amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
They're great amps from what I hear. Though if it were me, if you want still stay with the mini stack look, I'd buy the head and a Krank Rev Jr cab instead. Larger, better sounding speaker, better construction, just within your budget.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
to JC-

For my band, it is sort of a pain, but our lead guitarist has a whole PA system, so anywhere we go, boom PA. it's not amazing, but it does the same

to Matrix-

I think I might do that. Being used to this crappy lil amp, I'm just waiting to be able to really rock out, so a Krank rev. jr?
Depends where you live. If you're in the states I would suggest the ht5 head and an avatar 1x12.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
^---Looking up youtube videos, the Avatar 1x12 seems like the one i like.

No offense to matrix just that...the Krank Jr. cabs arent very attractive though they sound amazing, that cant be denied.
Avatar makes great cabs, but the quality of the Krank is higher, though I doubt the Avatar will ever fall apart on you anyway I personally love the look of Krank cabs. I wasn't really that fond of them at first from pictures online, but in person, they look awesome

In that case, I'd go with a closed-back G112 Vintage Avatar cab with a Vintage 30 in it, or possibly the Contemporary 112. The traditionals are great if you're on a limited budget, but the 1x12s are all the same price in all 3 series.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 10, 2009,
Hmm...f**k...Alright guys if I looked at you and said "Hey, pick one" what would you pick yourself? With the Blackstar ht-5 rig, a custom made les paul, and all you needed was a cab. What would you choose? Some of these look like i'd have to look at local stuff or even ebay, and being 17, parents don't go for the whole meeting up, testing it out, or even buying on ebay...parents these days. Either way You get my point. Go nuts.
Quote by SGlover69
I think I might do that. Being used to this crappy lil amp, I'm just waiting to be able to really rock out, so a Krank rev. jr?

Krank's mini stacks rock.

I own a Rev Jr Pro and they look amazing. Personally, I think the Krank cabs look awesome. Yeah they don't look half as impressive as a 412, but hey, its a mini stack, its supposed to look cute rather than scare you.

One point to note is that the Rev Jr is lower gain than the Rev Jr Pro. THe comments online indicate that you'll need an OD with the Rev Jr to hit the metal distortion territory. Apparently the best you can do without an OD on the Rev Jr is early Black Sabbath.

On the other hand, the Rev Jr Pro has got more than enough gain on tap to do the brootalz without breaking a sweat. However, if you get a Fulltone OCD on 18volt mode in front of the Rev Jr Pro, the tone comes out practically sparkling.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 10, 2009,
I was considering picking up this amp, I was wondering if its loud enough to keep up with a drummer and be heard at small gigs (think high-school auditorium size).

I was considering just getting the head and pairing it with a different cab.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Scutchington
I was considering picking up this amp, I was wondering if its loud enough to keep up with a drummer and be heard at small gigs (think high-school auditorium size).

No.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
No.

Not even over a PA system?
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Scutchington
Not even over a PA system?

Any amp will be loud enough micing it with a PA...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ragingkitty
Krank's mini stacks rock.

I own a Rev Jr Pro and they look amazing. Personally, I think the Krank cabs look awesome. Yeah they don't look half as impressive as a 412, but hey, its a mini stack, its supposed to look cute rather than scare you.

One point to note is that the Rev Jr is lower gain than the Rev Jr Pro. THe comments online indicate that you'll need an OD with the Rev Jr to hit the metal distortion territory. Apparently the best you can do without an OD on the Rev Jr is early Black Sabbath.

On the other hand, the Rev Jr Pro has got more than enough gain on tap to do the brootalz without breaking a sweat. However, if you get a Fulltone OCD on 18volt mode in front of the Rev Jr Pro, the tone comes out practically sparkling.

No worries there. So, what would happen if i went say with a Metal Muff, would that be WAY too much distortion? cause im fine with grabbing and OD pedal, Im not looking for crazy ****ing BFMV ****, I'm looking for maybe light zeppelin, hard ACDC y'know?
Last edited by SGlover69 at Aug 10, 2009,
The Rev Jr. has enough gain for what you want it for. But unless you need the wattage and are willing to pay the extra cost, the HT-5 suits your styles better IMO.

If you need something for gigging on your budget, I'd consider a Peavey Windsor head and a 2x12 cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 10, 2009,
Well what if I'm looking for something to do both, Gigging and just sitting in my room and ****ing around? (I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but just in case)

Also what would you suggest on the 2x12 brand wise.
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Rev Jr. has enough gain for what you want it for. But unless you need the wattage and are willing to pay the extra cost, the HT-5 suits your styles better IMO.

If you need something for gigging on your budget, I'd consider a Peavey Windsor head and a 2x12 cab.

Listen to him. He is the last word when it comes to amps.

Annnd yes, for your kind of gain, the Rev Jr definitely has sufficient.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by SGlover69
So...i'm lookin at going for the Rev Jr. head and cab set up?

No, you should look for the Blackstar if it's for practice only, and into a Peavey Windsor if you want to gig, like MatrixClaw says (unless you're sure there's always a PA system).

And I highly recommend the Blackstar HT-5 + 1 cab, I have it myself.