i'm going to buy a mexican strat and mod the hell out of it so i can get the perfect tone out of it. i was wondering if you could wire a resistor through a switch that works the same way as turning the volume knob down to, say, 3 or 4.like the oposite of a preamp. is this possible? if so, can someone draw me up a wiring diagram for it? i don't know much about electronics :P
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
i know it is possible, dont ask me how though.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
it must be possible because the volume knob is just a variable resistor (is resistor right? i'm not too sure about electronics) any ideas what values to use?
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
What's a better idea is what I did in my guitar. Have a switch that totally bypasses the volume. Therefore you can set the pot at 3 or 4 and flick the switch for full volume. Its more versatile I'd say, as you can change the "rhythm" volume. I'll make you a diagram.

EDIT: here we go. The one on my guitar has the tone pot in the circuit too so that you can preset that, the bypass it.

Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 10, 2009,