My guitar has a odd (to me) buzzing problem. Almost all the strings from frets 12-14 buzz when tapped, but not when fretted and plucked. It is not due to lack of neck relief. And like, for example, when I capo the strings on the first fret, the "new" 12th fret, or the 13th fret of the high E string no longer buzzes, but the low E string still does.

Does anyone have any clue what's going on here?
you're guitar may dodgy frets on the 12-14 area. Is the guitar new? If so, take it back. If not, get it looked at by a tech.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
yes, one fret will be higher than the others somewhere.
my 1988 strat does it, but its only a little, so I dont mind.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I can't take it back because I ordered online. But I that was my guess....the frets in that area are too high. Maybe some soft tapping with a rubber hammer will work.