Poll: How do you feel about astrology?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about astrology?
All of it is bull.
74 70%
I read my horoscope occasionally and it's BS
13 12%
I read my horoscope sometimes and it's usually right
5 5%
I read my horoscope all the time and it's always right
1 1%
My birth-sign description is dead on.
3 3%
My birth-sign description is bull.
0 0%
I don't know, it's a little weird though, couldn't tell you.
10 9%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 2
Do you?

Poll coming.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Sorry, I'm unfortunately not a dumbass.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Nope. Not in the slightest. Literary tricks, combined with the Barnum effect, combined with bull**** science. Not for me thanks.
All of it is bull
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I don't believe in the forcasting thing. As has been said, not a moron lol.

But I think it can be used for personality traits: I mean, if you were born at a certain time of year, chances are you can work when you were concieved. And due to eating different foods/its a different temp and other enviromental factors at your time of conception, it could influence your personality. Maybe. So most people born at a certain time were also concieved at a certain time, so all share some personality traits etc etc
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
There were originally going to 13 but they took one away because 13 is unlucky.
So IF they were right they'd still be way off.
Of course it isn't. I believe that The Lord will answer all our questions and problems.

What the guy with the red-face avatar with an awesome mustache said.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by pigeonmafia

But I think it can be used for personality traits: I mean, if you were born at a certain time of year, chances are you can work when you were concieved. And due to eating different foods/its a different temp and other enviromental factors at your time of conception, it could influence your personality. Maybe. So most people born at a certain time were also concieved at a certain time, so all share some personality traits etc etc

Your conception has nothing to do with your personality. That's formed through your genetic heritage and certain environmental factors, that would only come after birth. You don't even have a brain at conception, there's no way it could influence you cognitively because you have no cognitive abilities at all.

Quote by Ovenman
Of course it isn't. I believe that The Lord will answer all our questions and problems.

What the guy with the red-face avatar with an awesome mustache said.

Who doesn't? I mean I can see the stars myself.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by pigeonmafia

At least you're thinking about it, but it's still bull.
It seems impossible to me that temperature would have an influence on the development of a foetus, especially not on the personality.

EDIT: Basically what aaciseric said... Great minds think alike?
Last edited by ALiFe at Aug 10, 2009,
No, and I think anyone who does believe in astrology should be deported to the sun.

Quote by Deep*Kick
Who doesn't? I mean I can see the stars myself.

That's astronomy
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
No I think anyone who does should be deported to the sun.

That's astronomy

Same thing.
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Quote by Jackolas
Serious question.

How do the writers of horoscopes collect.. the.. erm.. data?

They make it up, quite simply.

Sorry, they consult their crystal balls and shrunken heads for insights into the deeper workings of the universe, through which can be seen special and individual significance for each living person on earth.
Quote by Kumanji
They make it up, quite simply.

Sorry, they consult their crystal balls and shrunken heads for insights into the deeper workings of the universe, through which can be seen special and individual significance for each living person on earth.

At least Johnathon Cainer supports... Inspiration Foundation UK, Stand with Tibet, Freedom for Burma, Campaign to End Slavery, The Hunger Site, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Save the Rainforest, Friends of the Earth, Chicken Shed Theatre Company, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

So that's the good part I guess.
Quote by ALiFe
At least you're thinking about it, but it's still bull.
It seems impossible to me that temperature would have an influence on the development of a foetus, especially not on the personality.

EDIT: Basically what aaciseric said... Great minds think alike?

Indeed they do.

Quote by Jackolas
Serious question.

How do the writers of horoscopes collect.. the.. erm.. data?

Well you know how when you write a song, you make it all up yourself? It's pretty much the same process I think.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Same thing.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Jackolas
At least Johnathon Cainer supports... Inspiration Foundation UK, Stand with Tibet, Freedom for Burma, Campaign to End Slavery, The Hunger Site, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Save the Rainforest, Friends of the Earth, Chicken Shed Theatre Company, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

So that's the good part I guess.

ಠ_ಠ

I hate him already.
isnt there a book that they flip through and randomly chose something from?
Quote by Kensai

ಠ_ಠ

I hate him already.

Why? Animals need protection.

But that's another tin of worms

Though it's all well and good him supporting those causes, he peddles rubbish on a vast scale and probably only affords such grace because of his vast income built on salving people's guilt. Sorry to be a cynic, but a philanthropic delusionist is still a delusionist.
Meh, I was just pointing out some ways in which it could work and when i said food etc, I mean what the mother eats during the time the foetus is in the womb, which could affect development
A professor told his class a highly renowned astrologer wrote each of them personal horoscopes. Each student was given his or her personally written horoscope. Each student said his or her horoscope was dead on. The professor told the class to pass their horoscopes to the people behind them. Each horoscope was exactly the same.
Quote by Kumanji
Why? Animals need protection.

But that's another tin of worms

Though it's all well and good him supporting those causes, he peddles rubbish on a vast scale and probably only affords such grace because of his vast income built on salving people's guilt. Sorry to be a cynic, but a philanthropic delusionist is still a delusionist.

I didn't even know who it was but as soon as I saw he supported PETA I assumed he was an idiot.

As usual, I was right.

Quote by guitarnoobie
A professor told his class a highly renowned astrologer wrote each of them personal horoscopes. Each student was given his or her personally written horoscope. Each student said his or her horoscope was dead on. The professor told the class to pass their horoscopes to the people behind them. Each horoscope was exactly the same.

And it turns out the proffessor had been dead for 5 years
No. If one of your loved ones starts practising astrology, and swans around the house all day chanting about planetary influence and crystal balls...suspect drugs. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by LordBishek
No. If one of your loved ones starts practising astrology, and swans around the house all day chanting about planetary influence and crystal balls...suspect drugs. ಠ_ಠ

Or just GTFO immediately
Quote by guitarnoobie

I think Derren Brown's test was cooler. He used a larger sample and got the same results more or less, though i'm skeptical about the bolded part. It fascinates me that the Barnum effect takes effect constantly. Any time you hear a song lyric and think it sounds like 'what you're going through' at that point, you've fallen victim to it.
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 10, 2009,
If you believe in it you're fucking stupid.

And even stupider if you try to argue about it rationally. It's one thing to believe in the most retarded thing in the world, but it's another thing entirely to be so removed from reality to think you have a rational reason for believing in it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by guitarnoobie

Good post.
Quote by Kensai
ಠ_ಠ

Look here
▼▼▼
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
How Planets and the flickering of stars any influence on our dull lives?

EDIT: sorry, i forgot the verbs...
Plays on a Fender Classic Player 60 Strat through a Roland Cube 60
Anyone who answered anything other than "All of it is bull" should be beaten to near death with a heavy sack of door knobs and then be forced to eat said door knobs.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Anyone who answered anything other than "All of it is bull" should be beaten to near death with a heavy sack of door knobs and then be forced to eat said door knobs.

'I read my horoscope occasionally and it's BS '

Bit harsh, like
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
How can you eat door knobs after you're dead?

Also, I think door handles would be much more painful if that's what you're aiming for.
Quote by meh!
'I read my horoscope occasionally and it's BS '

Bit harsh, like

We have to be harsh with these people. You have to be cruel to be kind after all. You also have to be cruel to be cruel.

...Being cruel is the best option it would seem.
Quote by LordBishek
How can you eat door knobs after you're dead?

Also, I think door handles would be much more painful if that's what you're aiming for.

I said beat them to near death, you monster.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2