I want to get one of this two pedals,and i'd like to hear which of this two is better for me:
Boss DS-2 or OS-2.
I play alternative/hard rock and punk.
Well, give us a budget and the gear you've already got and we'll be able to recommend the best option, which might not even be one of those pedals
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I haven't used the DS-2, but the DS-1 my friend has is pretty crap compared to my OS-2. It's a pretty versatile pedal I find.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
a lot of people will tell you to stay away from boss pedals but i think they are wrong.

i haven't tried the OS-2 but i have a DS-2 and it's a fantastic pedal - this may just be my opinion, but i think all the haters need to take into consideration that the DS-2 isn't meant to sound dynamic, responsive and smooth like a tube amp, and how good it sounds is entirely dependant on your other gear and more importantly, your ability to play guitar. When i got my DS-2 i was a bit disappointed (it was a blind buy) but i thought "i might as well give it a chance" and now nearly 2 years later i'm very very happy with it. It works best into a slightly overdriven tube amp from my experience of it - it gives it the rich harmonic overdrive but with a hard-clipped, fuzzy sort of flavour that you just won't get out of a tube amp on its own or with an overdrive pedal.

my advice would be to try them both anyway..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Budget please
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Kurapica
Well, give us a budget and the gear you've already got and we'll be able to recommend the best option, which might not even be one of those pedals

My budget is about 90$ and my gear is an Epi Firebird and a crate Palomino V8
Another option to consider, is buying a cheap DS-1 second hand, and sending it over to Keeley and have him make it one of the most versatile distortion boxes around for in my opinion very little money.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=10

don't be put off by them saying its the 'ultimate marshal-tone in a box', with a bit of fiddling you can make it sound like anything but a marshal if you wanted to.
Last edited by Revhain at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by Revhain
Another option to consider, is buying a cheap DS-1 second hand, and sending it over to Keeley and have him make it one of the most versatile distortion boxes around for in my opinion very little money.

Beat me to it.

If your standards for a overdrive pedal are low, might as well get it for your price. Like Revhain just said if you send them to Keeley for a modding the pedal will become fantastic.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by ZeroCS
Beat me to it.

If your standards for a overdrive pedal are low, might as well get it for your price. Like Revhain just said if you send them to Keeley for a modding the pedal will become fantastic.

Thing is,a friend of mine is going to america and getting me a pedal there,and here the DS-1 costs a bit more.
I live in Israel,so shipping it there will cost quite a bit.
I dont really want to ask her to take it to them,it makes it seem like i'm a jerk.
But if i do, how much does the mod cost?do they ship it internationally?
They do ship it internationally, for 30 american dollars.

They'll mod your pedal for 75 dollars, so depending on how much you can get a DS1 for, it'll be 105,- plus what you pay for the original pedal.

They'll also sell you a fully modded pedal out of their stores for 125 + 30 dollars for shipping, so 155 dollars total.

Admittedly a bit over your budget, but it'll be well worth it if you can save up a bit for it. It'll be tons better than either the Ds-2 and OS line of pedals, that's for sure : )

in my opinion this is the best you could do for the BOSS line of pedals, but there's always the possibility of looking beyond BOSS.
Last edited by Revhain at Aug 10, 2009,
Getting a good budget for this is gonna take some time,which i dont have,cause my friend is flying there in 10 days.
Is there a store in new york that sells the already modded DS-1?
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
DS-2=harder rock,grunge,classic rock,heavy punk

OS-2=Softer punk,classic rock,funk rock,blues.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Thnks guys.
I guess i'm gonna take the DS-2, as ChiliFan said.Suits me better.
I'm always open to seggestions,though.
Well, for the next few days actually.
Quote by Firebirdz
Thnks guys.
I guess i'm gonna take the DS-2, as ChiliFan said.Suits me better.
I'm always open to seggestions,though.
Well, for the next few days actually.

I have a DS-2 and although some people do not like them i love them and you can get a wide range of tones and sounds out of it, i think it's gust right for you

EDIT:but if you can i'd advise going to a store and trying it out.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Don't send the pedal to Keeley. You can do it yourself for like $3 if you have a solder gun.
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
As i wrote before,i'm not gonna mod a DS-1,but i'm gonna get a DS-2,unless i get a better suggestion
For $86.00, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver. Fantastic overdrive pedal, transparent and very versatile gain-wise. Goes from like clean-boost to Slash or AC/DC overdrive. I love it. I keep it off my pedalboard so that if I don't feel like taking my heavy board to rehearsals, I simply take the Blues Driver. All the tone you need in combination with an amp you like.
I have the DS-1 it's never posed any problem for me. It's a great pedal and never let me down yet. But I know that doesn't help you much... Yeah the best thing to do is see if they will allow you to test out the gear yourself and choose what you think sounds best.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...