So, can anyone make a tutorial on how to change pickups on an Ibanez GRG Series guitar?

There are very few tutorials on net so a new one would help very much!!
What is the grg170dx's pickups? Passive or active?
I want to install SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-4BK only on the bridge..
Are them good for metal?

What other tools i need?

Must i change something in the back place of the guitar? There:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Roland Cube 15X
Nub Guitar Skills
Last edited by EleosFever at Aug 10, 2009,
I'm assuming they're passive.

You need a soldering gun and some solder.

In the back of the guitar, desolder the wires, then remove the pickup from the top. Remember where the wires go, then get the other pickup and insert it. With the wires, solder them together. Note that this takes place after you remove all strings. Once installed, plug in your amp and move a magnet around the pickup area. If any sound is picked up by your amp, you installed it right.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
i think all you need to do is disconnect (snip/desolder) wires from current pckup, insert new one and solder...
GET A PROFESSIONAL TO DO IT. sounds like you dont know where to start and will most likely muck up.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Hmm..

I understood what to do but i don't know how to use the soldering iron..
Can anyone sum up?
Ibanez GRG170DX
Roland Cube 15X
Nub Guitar Skills
google soldering iron use or something. Do some practice.

At the moment it doesn't sound like your to suited for the job and you need to do some more of your OWN research
Ok, after some research i decided not to do it..
Thanks..
Ibanez GRG170DX
Roland Cube 15X
Nub Guitar Skills