hi ug
so i have a jackson js30rr, i was just getting someof the dust of the picks ups and i noticed they moved, they only move a little bit slanting towards the neck, the neck pick up does it alot more than the bridge pick up but is this something to be worried about should i tighten them or what i dont really know what to do please help thanks
Quote by notsominidude
hi ug
so i have a jackson js30rr, i was just getting someof the dust of the picks ups and i noticed they moved, they only move a little bit slanting towards the neck, the neck pick up does it alot more than the bridge pick up but is this something to be worried about should i tighten them or what i dont really know what to do please help thanks

I was too wondering if there's something that can be done about a wobbly pickup.

But TS, the 2 screws that hold the pickup in place are only to adjust the height of the pickup.
As far as I know, the higher they are, the more they wobble....but the lower they are, the less they pick up sound. Most of my guitars have had wobbly pickups, as far as I know....it's nothing to worry about.
I heard Paul Gilbert say he stuffs the pickup cavities with foam to stop from moving, and that reduces feedback. He said he learned that from Joe Satriani. Give it a shot.
Quote by nospacesallowed
As far as I know, the higher they are, the more they wobble....but the lower they are, the less they pick up sound. Most of my guitars have had wobbly pickups, as far as I know....it's nothing to worry about.

There are spings (under the screws that set the height) that push the pickups up. The lower the pickup, the more compression on the springs, so they push up on the pickup with more force, which makes them more solid and wobble less.
The trick is ro put two strips of foam in the cavity in line with each side of the pickup so it is held level. I've done this with several pickups and it really does the job.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
The trick is ro put two strips of foam in the cavity in line with each side of the pickup so it is held level. I've done this with several pickups and it really does the job.

You do want the high E (bottom) string side of the pickup to be closer though because of the difference in sting gauge.