Bugera by a mile.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Bugera by a mile.

I''ve heard a lot of horror stories about reliability....will the 6260 last for the next 5-10 years? I'm not talking about tube changes.
ps: how much does atube cost? And do all of them go phut at the same time?
Bugera has less reliability.
I'd go for the valve king. i had the same choice some time ago, I went for the VK and it is a great amp.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Bugera due to the fact you said the magic word... "Metal"

But just an FYI theres alot better amps on the used market that will beat it tone wise and realiabilty wise

Well......lets just say there IS no used market in Calcutta. If someone has a JCM 900, he'll stick to it for the next 30-40 years or so. All the second hand stuff you get are cheap USD100 guitars which the owners get rid of when they upgrade to pricier stuff. Used, I'll be lucky to get a Roland Cube 15.
I am not a big fan of Bugeras at all. They're pretty cheap and would meet your needs if pretty much all you play is Metal, but their reliability is crap.

VK is better in my opinion, but there are better amps on the market for that price. A B-52 AT 112 or 212 sounds about right.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by ZeroCS
I am not a big fan of Bugeras at all. They're pretty cheap and would meet your needs if pretty much all you play is Metal, but their reliability is crap.

VK is better in my opinion, but there are better amps on the market for that price. A B-52 AT 112 or 212 sounds about right.

ive heard the vk's dist isnt upto metal standards...
Quote by GS LEAD 5
ive heard the vk's dist isnt upto metal standards...

'Tis bull****.

A lot of people say the VK can't handle Metal, I seriously wonder what's wrong with some people's ears, because the OD channel alone can handle Metallica-rank Metal, with the right boost it can handle the brootalz.

It might not be the most ideal for more heavier stuff, say Black Metal, but it can handle it. Also, look on YouTube "Peavey Valveking METAL Demo", shows that it can handle some pretty heavy stuff, and that's only boosted with a unmodded Boss DS-1, everything stock.

I guess it's all preference, but I find saying that it's not up to Metal standards idiotic. (Not calling you idiotic, just the idea in general)
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by ZeroCS
'Tis bull****.

A lot of people say the VK can't handle Metal, I seriously wonder what's wrong with some people's ears, because the OD channel alone can handle Metallica-rank Metal, with the right boost it can handle the brootalz.

It might not be the most ideal for more heavier stuff, say Black Metal, but it can handle it. Also, look on YouTube "Peavey Valveking METAL Demo", shows that it can handle some pretty heavy stuff, and that's only boosted with a unmodded Boss DS-1, everything stock.

I guess it's all preference, but I find saying that it's not up to Metal standards idiotic. (Not calling you idiotic, just the idea in general)

So basically it boils down to checking out the two at a store....
Quote by GS LEAD 5
So basically it boils down to checking out the two at a store....

That's basically what it always comes out to in recommendation threads.

We can't tell you what you like. Truth of the matter is I can hate the Bugera all I want, people can complain about reliability all they want, doesn't mean you won't like it.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Quote by ZeroCS
That's basically what it always comes out to in recommendation threads.

We can't tell you what you like. Truth of the matter is I can hate the Bugera all I want, people can complain about reliability all they want, doesn't mean you won't like it.

How much will a vk/6260 cost me as far as tubes are concerned?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Well......lets just say there IS no used market in Calcutta. If someone has a JCM 900, he'll stick to it for the next 30-40 years or so. All the second hand stuff you get are cheap USD100 guitars which the owners get rid of when they upgrade to pricier stuff. Used, I'll be lucky to get a Roland Cube 15.

Get something shipped to you..

Quote by ZeroCS
'Tis bull****.

Its not up to Metal standards.. Plan and simple..

Engaging the gain boost option will just add a diode clipping ciruit in the chain basically turning you tube amp into dirt box. Without that circuit engaged an od is a must to push it into metal territory. And for most genre's it can pull it off but its not the best option. I used to own a VK and play nothing but Metal and I hated it, its to quirky and you have to do to many upgrades to get it into a decent metal territory and even then modern metal is pretty much out. Its not tight enough and the onboard eq is a joke to say the least. Get a real amp like a and play it along side a VK and you can see the differences right off the bat. The VK is a great starter amp but it is not a high gain amp by anymeans. Which is the main reason they have to add a diode clipping circuit in the first place.
thats easy. Bugera is far superior sound wise. Had mine for close to a year, no probs. The first one had bad tubes and burned out the same day. Exchanged it for a new one and havnt looked back. For metal, it will rule the VK
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
No. The Valveking really isn't up to metal standards. You will need to spend a lot of money on speaker swaps and pedals to make it even close to what i would describe as a metal amp. I would definately consider another amp, whether it be a Bugera, or a B-52 AT112 (apparently amazing for metal and at an amazing price)
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
depends what brand you get. Look at the Everything you ever wanted to know about Tubes thread
Four 6l6's, or four EL34's=100 watts RMS, Peavey and Bugera (which is a peavey clone) claim to get 120 watts with thier custom Output Tranny, but I doubt they run any more than 100 watts RMS like the rest of the tube world. TBH, 20 extra watts would never be heard anyway, there is less than 1dB difference between a 100 watts and a 120 watts.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
Four 6l6's, or four EL34's=100 watts RMS, Peavey and Bugera (which is a peavey clone) claim to get 120 watts with thier custom Output Tranny, but I doubt they run any more than 100 watts RMS like the rest of the tube world. TBH, 20 extra watts would never be heard anyway, there is less than 1dB difference between a 100 watts and a 120 watts.

k. Gottit.