Ive got a Peavey Blazer and its awesome with warm fuzzy tones for stoner/desert rock. My rp 255s fuzz, big muff pi and overdrive along with the amps gain produce almost a near perfect warm fuzzy tone.

Would adding another overdrive pedal on top of it all produce an even warmer tone? and even add a bit more fuzz?

And my amp has pre and post gain which im assuming is emulating a tube amps overdrive? And its not really a distortion right.

Heres an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwH2IpQrmI

if youre a line 6 spyder III owner, dont be a moron and answer. Were obviously not after the same tone buddy
usually I find adding OD on top of OD doesnt work out well

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
What type of tone are you actually trying to achieve? List some bands who have tone you would like to emulate. There may be a single pedal that you can get to achieve your desired tone, rather than stacking dirt pedal on top of dirt pedal.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
What type of tone are you actually trying to achieve? List some bands who have tone you would like to emulate. There may be a single pedal that you can get to achieve your desired tone, rather than stacking dirt pedal on top of dirt pedal.

I play stoner/desert/psychedelic rock. Just very gritty and smooth.

Fu Manchu
Eagles of Death Metal
Queens of the Stone Age
Kyuss
Slo Burn
Colour Haze
The Black Keys
Dozer
Firestone
Nebula
Black Sabbath (the awesome overdriven stuff)
Truckfighters
Karma to Burn

I was considering the Danelectro d-2 Overdrive pedal as its like 12 bucks brand new.

Or the mxr fuzz octave pedal.
Well for Kyuss/QOTSA/Sabbath tones I run a Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz into my overdriven Laney VC30.

So yeah, get a fuzz pedal and a tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
my orange OR50h does those tones very well, i would say get a dark sounding fuzz if that is out the question. i don't have much success with stacking od's together, but my od before fuzz sounds great, and my boost before the od allows me to brighten it up a little bit
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
wow man, that roger myer axis fuzz is pretty much an arm or a leg.. If i was spending that much I would rather get the frantone cream puff. That thing is amazing. But I dont have the moolah for that

Im getting the danelectro overdrive. If it sucks ill be fine as its only 12 bucks. Ill let yall know how that goes.
Instead of the 12 buck (new) danelectro fab overdrive, I found a danelectro daddy O Overdrive (new $60ish) for 14 bucks used. Damn thats a great deal. So far its awesome because of the EQ built into the pedal.

Not sure how great the pedal is as I have not had too much time with it yet. Ill be sure to let yall know tho.

Thanks again guys.