this guy is selling a mij jaguar for 500 ive seen it and looks perfect (its candy apple red

any thing i should know from this guitar that wont make me buy it ?
If it's like the old Jags, then you may find the trem to be a bit of a bitch. Instead of a strat-style trem, Fender went with some crazy ass design which only half works. The saddles were pretty ****ty (strings would jump out if you played too hard), and the whole mechanism took ages to set up right. Dunno if they still use this trem design, but it's worth checking beforehand.

That's the only real problem I've heard with them. The pick-up switches apparantly can be a little confusing, but I've also heard that they give a lot more tonal options than your standard Strat set up.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
^You can get a cheap fix on the bridge anyways though, as I'm sure you well know.

That sounds like a nice price, IMO. Definitely worth looking into.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
get it, the Fender Japan guitars, are really, really good!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
fantastic guitar, mine is olympic white. swap out the bridge for one from a fender mustang and then youre all set. pick ups are hard to work out with all the switches, at first, but youre good after youve worked it all out.
"Most people die with their music still locked up inside them." - Benjamin Disraeli
Quote by j-e-f-f-e-r-s
If it's like the old Jags, then you may find the trem to be a bit of a bitch. Instead of a strat-style trem, Fender went with some crazy ass design which only half works. The saddles were pretty ****ty (strings would jump out if you played too hard), and the whole mechanism took ages to set up right. Dunno if they still use this trem design, but it's worth checking beforehand.

That's the only real problem I've heard with them. The pick-up switches apparantly can be a little confusing, but I've also heard that they give a lot more tonal options than your standard Strat set up.

they do use that bridge design on the MIJ/MIA models. it's not the trem that's the problem though, it's the bridge - it balances on 2 sharp points inside metal cups simply forced against the body by the force of the strings, which is very little, so the bridge can easily be knocked out of place, and also the lack of tension causes the vibrations of the string to rattle the many adjustment screws of the bridge so they work their way loose and fall out. It's actually very straightforward to set up once you've overcome the problems.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by TimBFMV
get it, the Fender Japan guitars, are really, really good!

this
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.