Which do I go for? The Acoustic (brand) B200 200w combo for $350 OR the Acoustic B200H and B115 half stack for $400? If I get the stack, am I sacrificing any tone? Here's the links + some images:

Combo

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200-200W-1x15-Bass-Combo-104813787-i1399999.gc

Stack

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package-483494-i1415333.gc

Obviously, the stack looks cooler.

P.S. - Ignore my sig.
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Just keep in mind if you get the stack you're not actually gunna get the full 200 watts from the amp, probably only 100-150 watts due to the impedance of the cab. Though advantage in that being you can add a second cab later to fit the head unit better. Though to answer your question: no you won't sacrifice your tone
Quote by 7stringusr
the combo. its smaller and they're both basically the same and its cheaper

7stringusr, you officially ended this entire thread with one post.

But yeah, I guess I'll just have to try out some at my LMS. But it's weird, I think the stack is a limited edition thing online or something....

EDIT: Okay, thanks everyone I'm going for the combo
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard

Last edited by chaazums at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by chaazums
7stringusr, you officially ended this entire thread with one post.

But yeah, I guess I'll just have to try out some at my LMS. But it's weird, I think the stack is a limited edition thing online or something....

EDIT: Okay, thanks everyone I'm going for the combo

The difference is that you have more options with the "half stack"

you can change the order of cabs around if you get an extension cab (unless you want to put an extension cab on top of the combo... that'd be neato tho)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by thunderbritches
Just keep in mind if you get the stack you're not actually gunna get the full 200 watts from the amp, probably only 100-150 watts due to the impedance of the cab. Though advantage in that being you can add a second cab later to fit the head unit better. Though to answer your question: no you won't sacrifice your tone

Looks like the combo only puts out around half as well. I'd go for the Head + Cab deal, not the combo. Easier transport, easier to replace if something breaks. I would say it's better in the long run.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
yeah i was actually looking at it your going to get both for the same cost if you use the $50 off instead of buying them seperately then you get the 15% off and its $382.50 been looking at the b200h and 1x15 myself
Food for thought...

The stack option, your going with a 200 watt head and 250 watt cab. If you plan on going up to a full stack, a 200 watt head is pretty useless IMO. But if planned on maybe moving up and getting a 500-600 watt head in a few years, the 1x15 cab might be nice to have.
I'd go for the half stack, because you can always upgrade the head, and keep the cabs, within reason. I believe you could use the b600 head, because it's 600W at 2 ohms, not 4.
You've posted 34 threads, most of them regarding frivolous topics, in less than three months. You've also attempted to lock a thread full of friends who go to each other for advice and support, simply because you found a serious topic inappropriate. Bravo

Regarding your question, get the combo. It's less expensive and sounds the same.
I'd go with the head and cab, mostly for the use of possibly replacing the head with one that has a higher rating and add a 210 or 410. Plus i think they look a bit cooler ... the need for that extra speaker cable could be a tad inconvenient if you forgot it though.

7stringusr, i can now stare for ever.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."