hey

I'm looking for advice. I'm going to be needing an amp to gig with soon. My current practice amp is a spider 3 15 watt which seems to suits me fine for practice.

It doesnt have to be anything huge because the venues where we'll be playing arent that big

my budget is around £300 and I tend to play punk, grunge, metal nu-metal and alot of cleans so I need something adaptable

my specification is:
at least 3 channel foot switchable
something with plenty of built in effects so I dont need to get a plethora of pedals
capable of high gain
good quality and reliable
erm I cant think of anything else

basically i want a good adaptable metal amp

I was thinking of just getting a bigger spider but I figured I'd ask here first to see what advice I can get

all advice is appreciated

cheers

Nath
Look into a Peavey Vypyr. They are pretty versatile and have a bunch of built in effects (and they sound a million times better than Spiders, imo).
Quote by Matt420740
You don't know how much happier you'd be with a good tube amplifier, and some pedals.

+1000000

Anyone try to find a used ENGL amp or something
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Look into a Peavey Vypyr. They are pretty versatile and have a bunch of built in effects (and they sound a million times better than Spiders, imo).

I was considering the 75watt vypyr. I reason I could probably get one of them and a footswitch for it for under £300

I thought briefly about tube but I know very little about them and figured it would end up costing more considering all the additional pedals I'd need

any other suggestions

Nath