Hello UGers

so I have had this feeling that i need to get a tele. i have always loved teles, even before i played guitar i always wanted a tele. so i am looking for some personal experiences with these guitars, and the companies they represent. the carvin has a nose up because i can choose pretty much all of it, myself. but to get all of those bells and whistles it will cost me almost double for the carvin then the fender would cost me.

so what to do?

Fender- Tele HH

Carvin- TL60

any others to consider besides these?? I saw a Charvel San Dimas Style 2 that looks pretty nice, but i didnt want to get into the 1k mark. I liked the price of the fender, but a purple quilt top on the charvel would be pretty sick.

i dont really have a budget as of yet because i will continue saving until i have enough for what ever i decide on. i will use this for metal. i mainly play Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, KSE, August Burns Red...etc.

so i am asking for some opinions and some personal experiences.

any help?
I've tried the TL60, it was among the most comfortable guitars I've tried so far, Carvin's are really good IMO! The neck was abit roundish not too round though, not too flat and not too round.

I recommend the guitar but I do recommend trying it out first though.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb

I recommend the guitar but I do recommend trying it out first though.

alright. well i play schecters, so i like a neck with a little figure to it...not a shred neck.

i figured that almost any neck on a tele would be somewhat "fat"

ill have to see if i can find any TL60's around here.
I'd try a G&L Tele as well. I have a Legacy Strat, and it plays great.

The Tele's are ASATs I believe.
Quote by CptRevell
I'd try a G&L Tele as well. I have a Legacy Strat, and it plays great.

The Tele's are ASATs I believe.

those look sweet...the price tag...not so much.

ive never heard of G&L. are those custom shop guitars?

EDIT to my older post: i dont think i will find a carvin to play. looked around and from what i see they dont have a shop outside of california.
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
those look sweet...the price tag...not so much.

ive never heard of G&L. are those custom shop guitars?

EDIT to my older post: i dont think i will find a carvin to play. looked around and from what i see they dont have a shop outside of california.

G&L was founded by Leo Fender who previously founded Fender, if I'm not mistaken.

Well if you you're really sure you like a Carvin I'd say go for it, because I really like Carvin Guitars myself. Though G&L are also great guitars, try to find one and play it.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
G&L was founded by Leo Fender who previously founded Fender, if I'm not mistaken.

Well if you you're really sure you like a Carvin I'd say go for it, because I really like Carvin Guitars myself. Though G&L are also great guitars, try to find one and play it.

im working on tracking down some of these guitars. Carvin...probably wont be able to find...Charvel San Dimas 2...probably wont be able to find....G&L...definately wont be able to find...Fender..Definately will be able to find.

im really liking the Specs on the Carvin, and Charvel...but i doubt ill ever be able to find one to play. so im at a crossroad here. do i take a chance on a guitar thats $1000 dollars that i havent played? or do i settle with a fender, if i like it?
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
im working on tracking down some of these guitars. Carvin...probably wont be able to find...Charvel San Dimas 2...probably wont be able to find....G&L...definately wont be able to find...Fender..Definately will be able to find.

im really liking the Specs on the Carvin, and Charvel...but i doubt ill ever be able to find one to play. so im at a crossroad here. do i take a chance on a guitar thats $1000 dollars that i havent played? or do i settle with a fender, if i like it?

Charvel's are almost like hotrodded strats/teles and I think they're made in a Fender Factory (notice I'm not sure), the Charvel production series is though among the best Superstrat you'll find for 1000 $ though.

I was abit in this sitaution too a few months ago but I didn't manage to save up enough money, I were stuck between Charvel/Carvin/ among a few other guitars. If I were to choose right now I'd go for a Carvin propably. If you're willing to go used you could look for used Usa Jackson's too.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Last edited by tweeb at Aug 10, 2009,
yeah, id like a tele shape tho. ive always loved that style. the only Jackson i see that is a "tele" shape would be the Dominion. As much as i love Morton, i dont really want a pro model.

my buddy has an older Charvel San Dimas 1 (w/e the superstrat shape is) and that guitar is a great guitar. if i were going to spend with out buying i think it would be the Charvel. with those specs...its hard to beat at 1000 bux.

i was reading that thread about the Charvels thats up right now, and i agree...its hard to beat those specs at that price.
does anyone have any input on the subject?

it would be much appreciated

EDIT: alright. i wont be able to find ANYTHING to play besides a fender tele. so i really need some input from you guys with experience. can you compare the models in questions with easilly obtainable models? anything?

at this point i like the charvel..not sure if i wanna take a risk on it..and im leaning towards just getting the fender because i know what i am getting.

ANY help?
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Aug 11, 2009,
When it come to Carvin, I think you gotta just go for it (if you are interested that is). I was very skeptical at first when I bought mine. I wouldn't have even bought it had they not offered the 10 day trial period, but when I got it I fell in love with the frigging thing. I can honestly say that I can't see myself buying another guitar from a music store. Carvins are just such a steal. I even used a Carvin neck for a custom build I did, and it plays magnificently. But if you do find a Fender that just blows you away, get it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by bean-o
When it come to Carvin, I think you gotta just go for it (if you are interested that is). I was very skeptical at first when I bought mine. I wouldn't have even bought it had they not offered the 10 day trial period, but when I got it I fell in love with the frigging thing. I can honestly say that I can't see myself buying another guitar from a music store. Carvins are just such a steal. I even used a Carvin neck for a custom build I did, and it plays magnificently. But if you do find a Fender that just blows you away, get it.

huh, wasnt aware they had a 10 day trial period.

i will look around and see if i find anything locally that i like. If not, then i may just take the chance on the Carvin.