well my first guitar is a cheap washburn, it sounds ok but i want to improve the harmonics which bran is better duncan or dimarzio?
n please specify a model
up to you, look around, research a little, find some sound samples and make your own mind.

we could suggest you a pickup, that doesnt mean that it is what YOU want.

its your own choice, we can help you, but its what you like. not what we like.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
To improve the harmonics, simply improve your technique. I've heard good players get great harmonics out of any guitar.

Now you may want to improve the sound, but technique is the key in this situation.
so ambiguous.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by SG Commander
DIMARZIO! just Dimarzio DIMARZIO!

don't be listening to stuff like this TS. Both brands are good. Nobody even knows what you want, what guitar and amp you use, what pickup you have currently, style of playing..... All we have is 'improved harmonics.' Better pickups usually improve harmonics. Same with amp. And like someone said, good technique may improve harmonics a bit. You also have to have the fingers. Some people have the 'dirty fingers' or maybe like you, they make the tone sound rounded.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by supergerbil
To improve the harmonics, simply improve your technique. I've heard good players get great harmonics out of any guitar.

Now you may want to improve the sound, but technique is the key in this situation.

Couldn't agree more. I play an almost 20-year old Washburn with stock pickups that gets excellent harmonics, both natural and artificial.
In a lot of cases it's 'how you play' not 'what you play'.
Quote by JDbbx
Apparently (please note the liberal use of the word "apparently") DiMarzio D-Activators are good for pinch harmonics.

I think he meant harmonics as in tone, not pinch harmonics. And there are tons of better pickups for pinch harmonics. D Activator isn't a hot pickup. Pickups like JB and EMG 81 are much hotter and better for pinch harmonics.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I think he did mean pinch judging by the vai darrell username assuming darrell = dime. Though it could just be his name
Quote by billiegoat
I think he did mean pinch judging by the vai darrell username assuming darrell = dime. Though it could just be his name

lol maybe. So ambiguous as I said. And he doesn't respond.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by vai_darrell
well my first guitar is a cheap washburn, it sounds ok but i want to improve the harmonics which bran is better duncan or dimarzio?
n please specify a model
stupid thread is stupid.

no specific models suggested by TS.
not defined whether SC or HB.
which brand is better? for WHAT?

all we're gonna get out of this is a lot of bickering and nonsense that won't be worth the powder to blow it up. this thread needs to die.

*reported*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.