hey guys, will a dunlop jimi hendrix octave fuzz do wolfmother sounds???
Hey man,

I assume that you are not talking about the JH Fuzz Face. I haven't played the Octave Fuzz, but to my knowledge Wolfmother doesn't use an octave effect. You would be better off getting something like a Russian Big Muff or something similar.
You could check the one out in my Signature. you'll probably like it
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
STFU. You do not bum a thead after 25 minutes. You question is not that important and isn't that crucial.

Anyways, for Wolfmother for cheap you should look at Cool Cat Fuzz. I have one and it does that kind of sound pretty well. If you want a bit of an overdrive mixed with a fuzz sound, try an Electro Harmonix Double Muff. It is two Muff Overdrives that can be combined so the gain cascades and gets a fuzzy overdrive lead type of tone. Very nice IMO.
The JH Fuzz Face or the MXR 108 Fuzz would probably get you there, considering how Wolfmother draws a lot of inspiration from days past. Both are decently versatile silicon fuzz units.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I heard Andrew Stockdale used USA Muffs and old Germanium fuzzes on their record.

You could also have a look at my sig, I'll be making the pedal and posting clips soon.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
The Dano Cool Cat or a good ol' Big Muff will get you a good fuzz sound for a fraction of the price of the Dunlop one
Strat

Proco Turbo RAT
Boss RE-20

Fender Blues Junior