Hey UG,

I have a Philips stereo system that hasn't been used for I'd say about half a year and it doesn't read discs any more. Basically what happens is you put any CD in there (original CD's or burnt one's doesn't matter) it spins it for a couple of seconds and then the screen just reads "NO DISC" I tried buying one of those "lens cleaner CD things" but It's the same thing happens, I put the special cleaning CD in, it spins for a few moments and the screen just reads "NO DISC".

Any possible solutions ? I've read somewhere that I should try cleaning the lens manually with a cotton bud and some alcohol.
i know those older CD players won't play burnt CD's, but i've never heard of one that won't read regular CD's.

i'm not sure if alcohol is too strong to use on CD players, go on Philips' website or something
Quote by imdeth
Have you tried putting your dick in?

Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Piss on the laser that reads the discs. It might work.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Somewhere in India, a kid cant read

ATLEAST YOUR CD PLAYER IS ATTEMPTING TO READ YOU UNGRATEFUL TWAT

Quote by luv090909
Somewhere in India, a kid cant read

ATLEAST YOUR CD PLAYER IS ATTEMPTING TO READ YOU UNGRATEFUL TWAT

Man, you're harsh
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Buy a new one.

Zimmerman-boy has the answer
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I misread that as:

'I have a Philipino stero system'

My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Wow, I dropped my CD a couple weeks ago and now I have the same problem! It spins and says "no disk" but when I pick it up and tilt it sideways for a a few seconds it works fine every time. Try smacking it a bit, maybe something isn't lined up properly. This works for me, anyways...
Quote by RobinTrower12
Wow, I dropped my CD a couple weeks ago and now I have the same problem! It spins and says "no disk" but when I pick it up and tilt it sideways for a a few seconds it works fine every time. Try smacking it a bit, maybe something isn't lined up properly. This works for me, anyways...

i do the same thing...

when my wife doesnt work..i smack it
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Eyeglass cleaner or window cleaner are good to clean CDs with...although you may just need a new CD player
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies