I need amp help. I don`t know which amp to buy. I need both the classic "Randy Rhoads JMP Crunch" and the (Metallica and Slayer Kick In The Stomach"

Has anybody played both these amps? Any opinions?

I play a Gibson Explorer Pro and a GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V. I also have an MXR Distortion+.

HELP!
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Proud owner of a GMW Polka Dot V.

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
Those amps are both going to have to be absurdly loud in order to sound like what you hear on the albums.
Where are you going to be playing this amp?
Outside and inside. For inside I will buy an Ultimate Attenuator.
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
Judging by your youtube videos, I don't think you need either of those amps.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Not yet. I am going to save up the money for one so it will be a LONG time. What does being 13 have to do anything? (I am 14 soon)
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
Instead of thinking about gear, I would clean up your playing first.

And your thirteen- these amps cost a lot.
use teh moniez for lessons.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12

Go practice, stop posting crappy youtube videos.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
You sound like me when I was 13. Maybe you'll be a beast on guitar by the time you're 16-17. Save money until then.
Quote by Juadafi

Go practice, stop posting crappy youtube videos.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

No one likes a kid with good gear and no skill.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
You are all Assholes.

Does anybody want to help me and not critizise me! It will be appreciated.
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
We *are* helping. You don't need it.

Josh [The Dead Frets] says:
started out ok then way ......
he wants a RR re issue amp
probably have to play it on like 0.5 volume cos the sorry fúckers who concieved him also fail

Sorry, Josh
Last edited by Juadafi at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by Juadafi
We *are* helping. You don't need it.

Sorry, Josh

NP I lold
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Well I'd recommend you against getting those amps. You are very new and those amps are both very expensive and there are many better amps you can get first. They will both (especially the RR9 be INSANELY loud for you to sound anything like the record. Save some money and get a Bugera or something first instead.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Mmmm... boobies..

I like your avatar.
Quote by Gabel
Well I'd recommend you against getting those amps. You are very new and those amps are both very expensive and there are many better amps you can get first. They will both (especially the RR9 be INSANELY loud for you to sound anything like the record. Save some money and get a Bugera or something first instead.

Finally something useful! What kind of Bugera? What does it cost?
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Explorerpro
Finally something useful! What kind of Bugera? What does it cost?

Remember, kid, we're not obliged to help you, and don't get cranky when we have a giggle at a stupid question. Be mature, and instead of fuelling us on by getting angry, say "Oh, what would you recommend, then?"

The 6260 (that's bugera, right?), or the 5150/6505 copies by them are largely recommended on these forums.
Marshall MG / Line 6 Spider would be perfect to match your ability,
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by Explorerpro
You are all Assholes.

Does anybody want to help me and not critizise me! It will be appreciated.

Constructive criticism is good and helpful. Someone who says that you need some more practice instead of more gear is giving beneficial advice. Besides, the tone is really covered by two factors.

1. Playing has a lot to do with how it sounds. If you don't play the music well, it won't sound good. A good amplifier is simply that. It will amplify whatever is going into it well. So if you put mediocre playing into it, it will sound like mediocre playing coming out.

2. Those amps don't get the tone until you crank them up to the point of pain. Even using an attenuator will diminish the tone slightly. Unless you plan on playing at a Grammy award show or at Madison Square Garden you won't get the tone you desire.

There are amps that WILL give you the tone you desire at much friendlier volumes. Not only will they be much easier to buy, but you can still play at home or on a gig without going deaf. But you MUST get better first. I remember playing on amps I thought were crappy, but I got better and they sounded better than I remembered.
Quote by Gabel
Well I think the 6120 cobmo would be the best idea.

No. I already have an old Peavey Bandit Combo. I don`t want something that sounds the same. As I said, Something with a Classic Metal Tube Crunch.
I can play guitar!

Randy Rhoads FTW!

Gear:
GMW Polka Dot V
Gibson Explorer Pro
Epiphone G-400

Peavey Bandit 112
the bugera is 120 watts fool.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by Explorerpro
No. I already have an old Peavey Bandit Combo. I don`t want something that sounds the same. As I said, Something with a Classic Metal Tube Crunch.

Stop being so stuck up. You don't even have the money yet. In your own words it's gonna be a long time until you can even think about affording the amp you want.

At the moment, an amp is there so that you can listen to the mistakes you make in your playing and then being able to correct them.

Stop moaning, start practising.
Randy Rhoads had a horrible tone anyways + used loads of effects

Practise more and shut up.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
You might want to try them both out, they are very differently voiced amps. I havent tried the RR Marshall but from video clips I didnt really like the sound of it. I own the 2203kk and it is a nice amp. Even though it is a Kerry King signature it still hasnt the classic JCM800 tone in it - I personally dont like the "beast" switch it has - the gain is a bit too grainy. But it is handy to have to boost the gain if you havent got any pedals with you.

I used to use it along with a Marshall 4x12, but sold that as it was too big and impractical. I am currently building 2 1x12 ported cabinets with EVM12L speakers in it, which I hope should have the chunk of a 4x12 in a smaller package.

*No advertising in signature*
I think he has pre pubescent im being different and i r a rawker syndrome and believe signature gear = signature tones.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Oh and another thing to bare in mind is the KT88 output valves cost quite a lot of money. I am considering swapping the stock valves for some new JJ KT88's, but at £28 each its quite a cost!

BTW I got my 2203kk when they were cheaper - seems marshall has put their prices up recently.

*No advertising in signature*
Quote by Explorerpro

Your Bandit sounds nothing like the Bugera combo that Gabe suggested.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Your Bandit sounds nothing like the Bugera combo that Gabe suggested.

There is literally no hope... oh well shoop his profile pics time
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
nothing but Lulz in this thread
kid your bandit sounds nothing like the bugera suggested, practice a little more and be happy with your current gear, your amp isnt bad for wat it is either so practice up and learn to play before you move on.
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger