Page 1 of 2
So my friends and I are going to be working on making movies, and since we're all in movie/television production programs in school, getting the equipment wont be that much of a problem. now, I'm writing a script for a movie about metalheads. Its a comedy, as you can probably tell. Now seeing as the Pit is filled with metalheads, do you have any ideas or suggestions for this movie that would make it as good and realistic as possible?

And no, I'm not working to get stereotypical with metalheads. I'm a metalhead myself and this is basically a movie for metalheads by metalheads.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
So my friends and I are going to be working on making movies, and since we're all in movie/television production programs in school, getting the equipment wont be that much of a problem. now, I'm writing a script for a movie about metalheads. Its a comedy, as you can probably tell. Now seeing as the Pit is filled with metalheads, do you have any ideas or suggestions for this movie that would make it as good and realistic as possible?

And no, I'm not working to get stereotypical with metalheads. I'm a metalhead myself and this is basically a movie for metalheads by metalheads.

False
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Make alot of jokes about having poor hygiene and neckproblems.

Har har! I'm using stereotypes to make a joke!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Odin's unicorn must be found and protected from a wizard.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Well if you aren't going to poke fun at the stereo-typical metalhead...

I would just say have lots of genre arguments (-core sucks, death isn't music, those sort of things), what guitar brand is better, Metallica vs. Megadeth... etc.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by Kensai
Make alot of jokes about having poor hygiene and neckproblems.

Har har! I'm using stereotypes to make a joke!

get back to building my sofas
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
get back to building my sofas

Those pancakes were terrible!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Basically, you need to make your characters watch The Prestige, and then circle jerk afterwards.
You should have a scene where the Death Metal fans beat up the Power Metal fans... But then the power metal fans call there Eagles and Dragons and smite thee with the Ninja Sword
well, certain stereotypes are going to be made, like the typical slayer fan will be played by me.
Metalocalypse, This Is Spinal Tap, and Airheads are perfect for ideas. You should add a sequence of true blue metalheads versus....say....emos duking it out at a battle of the bands competition. I think it would be hilarious to hear the kind of trash talking that would take place between the two groups. Actually......could I be one of the metalheads? lol
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Kensai
Those pancakes were terrible!

pancakes? you lost me
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
if u make a movie for someone, by someone, u are SEVERELY limiting ur viewing audience. if u make something that uses stereotypes that just knock on that something, everyone, including the metalheads can get a laugh out of it. "look at those crazy metalheads...HAHA" -other people...."HA, iv done that before" -metalheads. enjoyment for all.

if u want realism, get dialogue from metalocalypse, not so much their plots haha.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Interview Dave Mustaine.

But seriously, it's nearly impossible to make a comedy about metalheads without going into at least one or two stereotypes. Just make sure not to hang the movie on them.
Last edited by phlip999 at Aug 10, 2009,
you should go around interviewing people like a documentary also doing funny sh*t on the way something like that tho
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
Remeber to include Herman Ri
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Sewn Up
Metalocalypse, This Is Spinal Tap, and Airheads are perfect for ideas. You should add a sequence of true blue metalheads versus....say....emos duking it out at a battle of the bands competition. I think it would be hilarious to hear the kind of trash talking that would take place between the two groups. Actually......could I be one of the metalheads? lol

This.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I was planning to have one scene where this one metalhead is sitting on the sidewalk outside of a gas station listening to blast beat and oblivious to his surroundings. While inside the gas station, a shootout is going on between the clerks and a robber that looks exactly like the metalhead. people are getting killed, propane tanks exploding, machine-gun fire, the whole deal. While the metalhead is still oblivious, enjoying his blast beat. The robber hauls ass, and the metalhead stands up to be on his way. When he turns around, theres a ****load of cop cars and cops surrounding him with guns.
One who claims to be a Metalhead isn't.

There's nothing that's going to appeal universally to Metal fans, because we're all different, but if you're stuck for ideas, include lots of Gallows humour and alcohol.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
They accidentally take a radio station hostage so they can play their demo on the air, but alas, the demo breaks and the only other copy belongs to the lead singer's angry ex-girlfriend.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Are you going to make a satire of metalheads? (Pretty much Metalocalypse) Or are you going to make a movie that metalheads would watch and laugh at? Imo the first idea would be better and could succeed easier.

Quote by MightyAl
Basically, you need to make your characters watch The Prestige, and then circle jerk afterwards.

Whats with you and The Prestige?
you've gotta poke fun at how metalheads are stereotyped as being unfriendly, as most metalheads are normally very nice ppl, even if they are a bit crazy.
Make the characters extremely arrogant, but full of epic and ingenious ideas about life, music, etc. Also, make sure that, when there is Death Metal playing in the background, the heads of untrained ears blow up simultaneously. Reminder: Gore, not core.
Quote by freddaahh
One who claims to be a Metalhead isn't.

There's nothing that's going to appeal universally to Metal fans, because we're all different, but if you're stuck for ideas, include lots of Gallows humour and alcohol.

one who claims to be a metalhead, is a metalhead.

one who claims themselves like, "dude, I'm ****ing metal" isnt a metalhead. You get my logic?

dialogue will probably have Clerkish style dialogue, and probably as riduculous as Naked gun, dont really want to compare because I want it to be unique though.
Quote by BruceWillisman
Are you going to make a satire of metalheads? (Pretty much Metalocalypse) Or are you going to make a movie that metalheads would watch and laugh at? Imo the first idea would be better and could succeed easier.

Whats with you and The Prestige?

It's not really The Prestige I'm interested in.
Quote by MightyAl
It's not really The Prestige I'm interested in.

Joining a Circle Jerk?

Quote by flame843
michael richards is what makes this movie great.

Michael Richards??? What about Steve Buscemi and young Adam Sandler?
Last edited by BruceWillisman at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by BruceWillisman
Joining a Circle Jerk?

Well, it would allow me to combine my main hobby with meeting new people.
Have a scene where you go to a guitar store and it's full of zombies dressed in their store uniforms coming at you saying, "buuuy Spiiider threee". Then you pick up a guitar and melt their faces off with a solo.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
make references to the word br00tal.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by MightyAl
Well, it would allow me to combine my main hobby with meeting new people.

Fapping over Christian Bale and that other guy?

Quote by hotrats57
you've gotta poke fun at how metalheads are stereotyped as being unfriendly, as most metalheads are normally very nice ppl, even if they are a bit crazy.

I like this.

one of the characters is a total nerd that wants to be metal. So one of the really br00tal characters takes him under his arm and try's to show him. the brootal character starts training him with different tasks, except, with more time, the gayer the tasks get. The nerd refuses to do these tasks, but the br00tal dude says, "Man up"
Quote by Myfirstpubes
I like this.

one of the characters is a total nerd that wants to be metal. So one of the really br00tal characters takes him under his arm and try's to show him. the brootal character starts training him with different tasks, except, with more time, the gayer the tasks get. The nerd refuses to do these tasks, but the br00tal dude says, "Man up"

+1

I really like that. And you have to have some spyder refrence... lol
Hrm, let's see...

Have a rip-off of bill and ted, um... will and ned!

have one dude say nothing but "br00tal" all the time, make it funny.

Have a rivalry between an emo punk band and a death metal band.

Metallica vs. Megadeth!

AT LEAST one person has to be an acid tripping hippie.

And have a lot of steriotypes!

Put it on youtube when your done.
Without stereotypes this will not be funny, primarily because there is no one thing that binds people who enjoy metal together; aside from said stereotypes.

References to sodomy are a must.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Page 1 of 2