I'm replacing some pots on my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top. Should they be alpha (audio log) pots or beta (linear) pots? Also, should they be long shaft pots?
I'm like 99% sure that you want Beta pots, not too sure about the shaft length. Ask in GB&C, you'll get a better answer there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm like 99% sure that you want Beta pots, not too sure about the shaft length. Ask in GB&C, you'll get a better answer there.

Who is GB&C?
Not who, what. It's a different section. We're in GG&A (guitar gear and accessories) and GB&C (guitar building and customizing) will be able to better assist you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Not who, what. It's a different section. We're in GG&A (guitar gear and accessories) and GB&C (guitar building and customizing) will be able to better assist you.

You sound like ****in' Dell customer service. "Sorry you reached the wrong department, call back and talk to these people". LOL.
Quote by mindstealer
You sound like ****in' Dell customer service. "Sorry you reached the wrong department, call back and talk to these people". LOL.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Alpha pots long shaft. For all. If you want, you can do beta for tone pots. I posted the same thing in GB&C. Gibson uses audio taper pots for tone stock.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack