Page 1 of 2
HAPPY NEW AMP DAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a steal of a deal on a HD147 this weekend.

Retail:
Head - $1249.00
FBV Shortboard - $269.99

Amazing deal price... $325 for both!

I am so stoked about this. I recently unloaded a Flextone III with the intent to buy a HT5 or have a custom amp built. Then I saw this and could not pass it up.

I love the big bottom patch for this amp. And I am very excited to work with the Deizel and Bogner Ubershall model. I hated the Bogner XTC model in the Flextone and I have much better hopes for the Ubershall patch.

Anyone else using an HD147?
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Last edited by ANTHONYLBEST at Aug 10, 2009,
Pics?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by ANTHONYLBEST
(Invalid img)

Lets see if this one works.

It didn't, here you go:
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Awesome!

Thank you!
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE

Amp
Avid 11R
Jeez, somebody got robbed
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, when the guy told me the price I was a bit surprised. The only problem with it at all, is that it smells like it lived in an ashtray. I have been working to remove the smell.

Anyone have any tips for this? I am thinking of burning a bunch of insense or using frebreez candles. I have sprayed the tolex down several times with lemon cleaner and frebreez. I think its just going to take some time.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Give it time. Just clean it like once a week. You won't get it all at once no matter what it smells like

HNAD man. Clips?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Fender/Meguiars make a spray to get rid of that smell, check your local guitar store. Otherwise yeah, febreeze and leaving it outside for a while will help.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I will record some clips soon. Should I do MP3 or Youtube?
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
are you sure that by "buying" you didn't accidentally walk-into-the-store-with-gun-in-hand and asked for it?...

seriously thats one BIG steal you got there congrats
Yeah ... I am sure... i did have to drive 45 min to pick up, but that still seems like not so bad.

Apparently he was having a very hard time selling it, and just wanted to unload it. I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to get home and plug in and rip some LoG riffs.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Nice steal man, HNAD!

Maybe he had a tough time because uniformed people thought it was a Spider series? Regardless, you got an amazing deal on it, and it's yours now! We'll be waiting for the clips soon!
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Damnit why don't I ever get those kinda steals?

HNFAD to TS, enjoy that baby
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Holy ****. That is a ****ing awesome deal.

Happy NAD. You should join my Line6 fan group
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Damn, that's a sick deal!

Pictures of it on with the blue lights please!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have joined the Fan club group.

I tried to take pictures with the lights on, but it didn't show well. I will take more with lower lighting tonight.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
tog et the smell out, rub it down with scented fabric softeners three times a day. i used this to get he smell of weed off of an acoustic my buddy bought
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The majority of the Amp case is Chrome, and the FBV pedal, which is made of metal, as well reaks too. I am trying to figure out how you get metal to absorb a smell.

I will keep hosing down with frebreeze.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
<waits for some line 6 hate-bandwagon-humper to come into the thread and shout "LOL line6 sux itz lik an big pratice amp but bigger wattz!!! return nd get roland cube quik!!!" and then get flamed to death by people who know their stuff>

it has happened before - some people think the HD147 is the spider III head yet the HD147 is a high end amp is it not?

HNAD
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Yep... This amp is Sick. It has high end vetta models, and great effects from the DL4 and MM4.

I am using it with a Spider Cab (got it for $150 on CL). I know the construction isn't as good, but it has the same speakers as the higher end L6 cabs.

I will likely only ever run this head as a 150 watt mono, but its nice to know i've got the ability to get it cranked and it will hold its own.

IMHO, Nothing sounds as good at low volume as a L6 amp. Now the blackstar is nice too, but this is amazing.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Blomp, yeah, I got it confused a while back

The HD150 is the Spider. Why they gave it a higher value than the HD147, I'll never know. Seems counter-intuitive...
--

--
^ i got confused by that as well. The Hd147 from my understanding is like the thing between a vetta and a flextone. has things of both. Not all the sparkles of the vetta but has some of them. that price is a steal though. HNAD.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Yeah, the HD147 is like a Vettone hybrid ()
--

--
you live in the peg? i think i saw one on our CL
~Defiant~
Nope... I am USA SF Bay Area

I had been looking for one of these about a year ago when i bought my flextone, but they were out of the budget i was working with. Then out of the blue this came up, oddly enough when I had decided I was completely done working with L6 stuff. Now I am right back in.

Vetta, HD147, and Flextone all share a pool of models. I honestly have zero desire to have all the bells and whistles of the Vetta. Now I must say the dual amp tones would be nice, but I spent so much time futzing with the Flextone settings that I am not even sure if I have any desire to use a midi connection for this amp.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
I just saw a HD147 hit the SF Craigslist for $600... Head only. :-)

*happy dance happy dance happy dance*

I am still in awe of this sick deal.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Very good deal there. HNAD! I personally love my Vetta. The only bad quality I can think about it is that one of the lights flickers in and out (not the amp/eq section, thank God). It's a bit less touch sensitive than I would like, but besides that, most amp models work like a charm. Not to mention that the L6 models are quite nice too.
wow i am so jealous! ^_^

yeah i've heard sound demos of the big bottom model on youtube and it is CRAZY awesome.
Big bottom is really nice, I am also looking forward to testing the Smash patch.

I think there are some really awesome things I will be able to do.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Lovely amp. The seller must have been hard for cash, but nowadays its true that so many are hopping on the "line 6 is bullshwa" bandwagon...you can't resell them for anything...hell of a steal, and if its anything like my Vetta, its stupidly loud
Quote by SayAnything
Lovely amp. The seller must have been hard for cash, but nowadays its true that so many are hopping on the "line 6 is bullshwa" bandwagon...you can't resell them for anything...hell of a steal, and if its anything like my Vetta, its stupidly loud

Yep, 'tis a shame. But that means that I could get my Vetta for $500.
I spent an hour this evening redoing the patches for the first bank. Dialed them in using my PRS Singlecut Hollowbody I. I use the Clean, Crunch, Gain, More Gain patter for my 4 patch banks. I am still trying to get my head around some of the models. The "sweetspot" that line 6 uses for the amp defaults really messes with my head.

Has anyone found any correlation to Channel Volume vs Master volume. They don't appear to be interchangeable when it comes to tone. I was under the assumption that the channel volume acted as a master volume for the patch and master volume handled overall amp output.

I am running the head into the 8 ohm side of a stereo line 6 cab giving me a 2x12 output. I tried it with the 4 ohm 4x12 side, and it just seemed to need a bit more volume to get the speakers moving.

I forsee a few more days of tinkering with this and creating some banks for my other guitars. Obviously my PRS Hollowbody is going to react differently to the patches than my Tele Esquire with a JB in the bridge or my Strat.

Still debating if I want to get a midi cable and download some tones from customtone.com or if I really want to teach myself how to EQ.

Tips, suggestions... anyone?

Favorite Models So Far: Smash, Big Bottom, Crunch and Blackface Deluxe

I am really iffy on the Diezel and Bogner models... Tips, Suggestions on working with these models would be appreciated. I would love to find a good Staind, Tool, Wes Borland sound using the VH-4 model. I know there is some good tone in there.

Oh and I tried to take new pictures to show off the awesome blue LED, but my digital camera is sucking balls. I will try again tomorrow with my girlfriends camera.

Once its dialed I will post some tone samples and maybe even a video to show you all how bad I suck.

5k guitar plus a 1k amp head, and yes, I can make it sound bad. :-)
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
HNAD bro.

I'm from Sac, but frequent the bay area CL often and find a lot of great deals down there. I've actually bought a couple of things from the bay area CL. Gives me a reason to go back and visit my hometown.

Congrats on the deal
Is there a official thread for higher end L6 models? Flextone, HD147, and Vetta? I joined the group, but not much traffic there.
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
i am mega jelous.... thats a steal!
Good eye my friend

Happy NAD!
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
you lucky bastard. the big bottom model is one of my favorites too, especially for low tunings and ERG's
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
you lucky bastard. the big bottom model is one of my favorites too, especially for low tunings and ERG's

ERG's?

I am still trying to get down all the random UG acronyms. :-)
- Anthony

Amp
Avid 11R
Page 1 of 2