Yeah, so as the title says i've reached a stalemate with my playing... I'm not sure where to go from where i currently am, I can play relatively fast but not all that cleanly and the only scale i know is the minor pentatonic scale.. I play mainly metal/rock style of music.. i
m not sure where to go from where i am so any help would be appreciated.. suggest any good scales to use or whatever... as i said i have no idea where to go from where i am now Thanks
harmonic minor!
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
learn some jazz chords
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Any time you start to feel at a "stale mate" it's always good to just go out and grab yourself a big book on music theory. It sounds boring, however, I promise when you sit down with one of those books, hours just fly by like they're nothing.. And it's a very rewarding feeling when you can finally slap together those chord formulas that you see all the time and actually know what they mean.. (Am7add9 or somethin ya know? You get the idea)
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Study and learn to play a style of music you've never tried before, maybe one you dont even like! It could open your mind up to new ways of playing that you could combine with your metal and hard rock.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
If you can't play cleanly and fast then you can't play fast, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Oosh.
Study and learn to play a style of music you've never tried before, maybe one you dont even like! It could open your mind up to new ways of playing that you could combine with your metal and hard rock.

+1

I was in the same position, and my guitar playing friend forced me to do blues improv etc with him. Helped me SO much, even tho I hate blues
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by steven seagull
If you can't play cleanly and fast then you can't play fast, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

How wise.

He's right though, just start learning some Jazz/Blues/Soul stuff, seriously sounds boring, but fun as hell to play.
Quote by steven seagull

+1 this is the truth, might i recommend practicing with a metronome if you dont already?
Quote by steven seagull

there is nothing but truth in those words, couldn't have said it better myself

but if you wanna try something new and maybe something more technical start learning the blues, or if you wanna know where some great guitar players like randy rhoads are influenced, get someone to teach you classical, very technical. Oh and it would help if you gave us an audio or video clip of you showing us how fast you can go without messing up, or just watching you jam to some music you like, seeing if there is any areas of your playing you might need help in that you don't realize.