Hey, i've always adored the look of Telecasters but have always avoided buying one because i thought they were incapable of playing anything heavy like the stuff I play. This idea changed when i saw Jim Root playing a Telecaster with EMG's in it and i've sort of gone "Yeah, let's go for it". So, in your opinion, would a Custom Telecaster FMT HH be able to handle Heavy Rock and Metal. I'm playing through a Peavey Vypyr 30W. Will probably be upgrading to some kind of Combo amp soon after the Guitar purchase, probably a Randall of sorts. For a full list of Specs go here: http://www.fender.com/products//view_specs.php?full_partno=0262000561&name=Custom+Telecaster%26reg;+FMT+HH
Yes, there are a few bands out there that use a Tele with H/H for metal

but if you play through a junk amp like a vypyr, its not going to make a difference

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I played this guitar at GC and it can handle metal plus some. It's really heavy sounding and very comfortable to play. I'd say get it
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by pigeonmafia
just get jim's tele
http://www.dv247.com/invt/45270/

That was pretty obvious thinking about it. Sounds like this could be sweet, also, Vypyr's aren't junk amps. i've been playing on and off for a couple of years so it works fine for me. Plus i'll upgrade it soon after/
Quote by willT08
That was pretty obvious thinking about it. Sounds like this could be sweet, also, Vypyr's aren't junk amps. i've been playing on and off for a couple of years so it works fine for me. Plus i'll upgrade it soon after/

Your right they're not, but with an amp like a Vypyr a guitars ability to handle or not handle metal won't really come through.
The Jim sig is about £100 more, is it £100 more guitar is it just paying for the name?
Quote by Shabadoo
Your right they're not, but with an amp like a Vypyr a guitars ability to handle or not handle metal won't really come through.

Any guitar can handle metal with the right amp/pickups/settings.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have the Fender Custom FMT HH telecaster, let me tell you best guitar ever for the money. And I can play from Slayer to Fleetwood Mac on the guitar.
Sweet, i think this will be the one i buy. Just need to get hold of a similar Tele and try it out for comfort and so on.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Any guitar can handle metal with the right amp/pickups/settings.

That's not what I am getting at. What I'm saying is that the guitar will impact the tone less on a Vypyr than it would on a higher end amp. For example, my Dad's '67 Hagstrom can do metal on my cube 15 but it doesn't come nearly as close to that metal sound on my Rev Jr.