Page 1 of 5
Whats your opinion on homeschooling pit I used to be home schooled and it sucked so does all school but whatever... I heard Obama wants to make homeschooling illegal whats your thoughts on this should it be legal? I think homeschooling is bad because if your home schooled you have idea what the real world is like and you have no social skills.
Have fun not having friends.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I think it should be illegal, school is neccessary for social development and there's a bigger chance you'll learn unbiased information (unless you live in... well, I won't say where but you know). Plus in school you get real grades instead of a piece of paper with the words "Well done kjell, for once you didn't suck // Mom" on it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Homeschooling has the pro's and con's as does everything.
I'm guessing homeschooled children have a different work ethic as they live where they work. Also, they learn things at a pace they are comfortable with.
Cons, they lose the social side.

I dunno, i was public schooled.

edit: ^^
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
Making it illegal is just ridiculous; but I am against it. Although it has been a benefit to many, especially those who were bullied horribly at schools, but I suppose there would have been a way around that without being taught at home.

Don't make it illegal, trust people to have a choice.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I was home schooled up until 6th grade, then I went to public school till 10th, then I chose to go back to home schooling.

When I was homeschooled I had a social life too. I hung out with a lot of friends all the time, and I made social skills and stuff. Plus it helped me understand how the world works, so I learned what "real life" is like.

TS, I know you think that home schooling means that we never get out of the house, but its not like that at all. We do get out of the house, we just do school in the house first
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
I don't think it should be made illegal, but I also wouldn't advise parents to keep their kids homeschooled. There was a family I used to know, and they kept all of their kids homeschooled. They were all somewhat socially awkward (not mental or anything like that) and they didn't really know how to behave around people or in public. They were also not very interested in studying, so they would rush through all of their work and it simply did not seem like the best learning environment, either intellectually or socially.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I think it should be legal. I'm homeschooled and it's fine. You don't meet as many people but you can just do other stuff to meet other people and develop social skills. I did cadets, which was great. I think when you get to 6th form though it's better to go to school, as you get access to the extra equipment you might need for it like chemicals n stuff. I do my GCSEs in "distance learning" courses, which are fine, you get a tutor to help you out whenever you need it, and to motivate you and everything, and it's just generally ok. Also, if you don't go to school there isn't peer pressure and stuff making you be a turd, like turn into a chav.

EDIT: Also, I think some people do make it look a bit bad, like people who just sit around doing f***-all all day. I also depends a lot on the parents really.

EDIT 2: kxy1992, well said! I don't get out as much as you sound like you do though, because nearly everyone where I live is a chav so...
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Last edited by archerygenious at Aug 10, 2009,
I know this kid who was homeschooled until high school.

He has absolutely no social skills whatsoever.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
You can get an equal or greater education through home schooling, but you also miss out on some of the social development stuff that you get from actually going to school. I'm pretty good at identifying people who were home schooled.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't think homeschooling is all that good for the development of a child compared to regular school but I do think our current schooling system needs to be revamped quite a bit. And I don't think it would be right to make homeschooling illegal
Oh my god. This is pissing me off so much.

Just because someone is homeschooled does not mean they have no social skills, I'm homeschooled and I can function fine out in the world. I'm only socially awkward for completely unrelated reasons. And "real grades"? I get real grades, If I get what should be a C, I get a C on that test or whatever it is I got a C on.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by element4433
You can get an equal or greater education through home schooling, but you also miss out on some of the social development stuff that you get from actually going to school. I'm pretty good at identifying people who were home schooled.

Do you have homeschooldar?
I was homeschooled for ten years. Homeschooling was good until about the sixth grade and then it started getting bad. Homeschooled kids have no friends and their social skills leave something to be desired. It is all around bad. The work ethic is bad because they can take their time and procrastination runs rampant. Just because they live where they work doesnt mean they get things dont quickly and efficiently. I dont know if it deserves getting banned, but homeschooling is hurting kids. They tend to "explode" once they hit the real world. Thye don't know how to deal with situations that schooled kids do. I have known many kids who have gone off and gotten tattoos,piercings, smoked, drank, and other things because they couldn't deal with the real world after being in the homeschool "bubble". I thank God that I am in school now. It is a hundred times better.
Quote by Primus2112

Just because someone is homeschooled does not mean they have no social skills, I'm homeschooled and I can function fine out in the world. I'm only socially awkward for completely unrelated reasons. And "real grades"? I get real grades, If I get what should be a C, I get a C on that test or whatever it is I got a C on.

Hey dont worry man, I'm home schooled too. Its just the idea of being schooled at home that makes people think that we dont have social lives. Honestly, home schoolers get along better with people cause they didnt have to deal with bullying and peer pressure and stuff in school. Take me for example
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 10, 2009,
1) You will have no friends.
2) You social skill level will be zero.
3) You parents more than likely do not have a college degree in every class you need to take and know.
4) Homeschooling is expensive.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by MightyAl
Do you have homeschooldar?
Yeah. A home schooled kid invented it for me.

But seriously, they act slightly different than kids who went to public school. Private school kids act differently too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by kxy1992
Hey dont worry man, I'm home schooled too. Its just the idea of being schooled at home that makes people think that we dont have social lives. Honestly, home schoolers get along better with people cause they didnt have to deal with bullying and peer pressure and stuff in school. Take me for example

Yeah. I have friends and everything. My parents actually took me out of school (I went to a christian school) because I beat up this one kid. Bitch took my basketball.
Quote by kxy1992
Hey dont worry man, I'm home schooled too. Its just the idea of being schooled at home that makes people think that we dont have social lives. Honestly, I got along better with people from home schooling cause I didnt have to deal with bullying and peer pressure and stuff

One of the kids in the family I mentioned in my last post went to school when she got into high school. She really was not prepared for what she faced there. Yes, people are jerks, but we need to learn how to deal with that; she, however, wasn't mentally ready.

I completely support home tutoring for people who are more capable of taking in information and are motivated enough, but I honestly wouldn't trust parents to give the best standard of education in all subjects (at least not from middle school onward).
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Oh and I'm way more confident than I think I would be if I went to school, because I haven't had to deal with the crap you get in school, and I definitely have way better musical tastes than I had if I went to school, because of the the crappy disco crap kids are listening to these days. Also, when I went to cadets I was accepted, made some great friends and when I quit the guys didn't want me to, which was nice (and I was one of the best cadets )
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Quote by Kensai
I think it should be illegal, school is neccessary for social development and there's a bigger chance you'll learn unbiased information (unless you live in... well, I won't say where but you know). Plus in school you get real grades instead of a piece of paper with the words "Well done kjell, for once you didn't suck // Mom" on it.

live where?
Quote by Karvid
One of the kids in the family I mentioned in my last post went to school when she got into high school. She really was not prepared for what she faced there. Yes, people are jerks, but we need to learn how to deal with that; she, however, wasn't mentally ready.

I completely support home tutoring for people who are more capable of taking in information and are motivated enough, but I honestly wouldn't trust parents to give the best standard of education in all subjects (at least not from middle school onward).

It wasnt really my parents that were teaching me. I would have a video of a classroom and I would watch that while doing my work with it. It kinda helped me understand how it would work in the real world if I was there (which turned out to be true when I went to public school). I wasnt mean to people in public school cause my social life consisted of me being generally nice (although I admit I did have my fair share of bullying), so it helped me get along better with everyone.

It all depends on how we're home schooled really. If we are hid from the world and only taught by mom and dad then yes, I do think we wouldnt be socially prepared. However, if we are allowed to have a social life and go out and meet friends and hang out and stuff (note: homeschoolers go to home school groups so thats how I met a lot of my best friends) then we turn out just fine
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

8/7/09

^ I was there
from a philosophical point of view i believe its a parents right to raise a child however they see fit.from a common sense point of view i see it as a threat to society as children can be raised in isolation and indoctrinated with all sorts of illogical stuff like religion and this could lead to the fracturing of society
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by freddaahh
Making it illegal is just ridiculous; but I am against it. Although it has been a benefit to many, especially those who were bullied horribly at schools, but I suppose there would have been a way around that without being taught at home.

Don't make it illegal, trust people to have a choice.

True, but I think homeschooling isn't going to help anything long-term. I'd rather have the bullies be dealt with or the kid switches school.

I had a bit of that problem when I was younger and wanted homeschooling, I'm glad I didn't get it and instead endured school. Because I'd probably be even less social had I been homeschooled.

Quote by Primus2112

Are you sure of that?

Quote by Ponyexpress
live where?

In countries where homeschooling is being taken advantage of by people who use it as a means of some kind of indoctrination.
Quote by kxy1992

It all depends on how we're home schooled really. If we are hid from the world and only taught by mom and dad then yes, I do think we wouldnt be socially prepared. However, if we are allowed to have a social life and go out and meet friends and hang out and stuff (note: homeschoolers go to home school groups so thats how I met a lot of my best friends) then we turn out just fine

+1

Quote by Kensai

-1. The only good thing about not homeschooling is that you have a greater opportunity to meet other people.

But on the flip side, you will get away from the unbiased information that fills the public schools. Its better to be around people that will answer all of your questions about every topic that could come up as long as they have a reasonable understanding. The public school I attended didn't do this at all. I spent a majority of my time outside of the classroom for disruptions for asking questions that the teachers couldn't answer or knew absolutely nothing about.

I'm pretty sure that making homeschooling illegal is just another way for this democratic administration to get money. In one way or another.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by kxy1992
I was home schooled up until 6th grade, then I went to public school till 10th, then I chose to go back to home schooling.

When I was homeschooled I had a social life too. I hung out with a lot of friends all the time, and I made social skills and stuff. Plus it helped me understand how the world works, so I learned what "real life" is like.

TS, I know you think that home schooling means that we never get out of the house, but its not like that at all. We do get out of the house, we just do school in the house first

I was homeschooled till 8th grade and you have no idea how f*cked up it made me it might now be the same for all people but it made me completely mentaly broken.
Your parents are not smarter than the collective minds of twelve years worth of teachers.
Homeschooling is a bad idea, socially and academically.
My parents homeschooled me last year for about a week before I pitched a huge enough fit for them to put me back in public school
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Kensai

Are you sure of that?

Quite sure.

I mean, look where I'm posting right now.
I was home schooled for pretty much all of elementary school.
I never did any work and played Nintendo 64 all day.
My social skills didn't die.
Quote by joshua029
-1. The only good thing about not homeschooling is that you have a greater opportunity to meet other people.

But on the flip side, you will get away from the unbiased information that fills the public schools. Its better to be around people that will answer all of your questions about every topic that could come up as long as they have a reasonable understanding. The public school I attended didn't do this at all. I spent a majority of my time outside of the classroom for disruptions for asking questions that the teachers couldn't answer or knew absolutely nothing about.

I'm pretty sure that making homeschooling illegal is just another way for this democratic administration to get money. In one way or another.

Where do you live, unacademicville, USA?

Quote by joshua029

Obviously.

Quote by Primus2112
Quite sure.

I mean, look where I'm posting right now.

Touché
Quote by that_1_dude24
Your parents are not smarter than the collective minds of twelve years worth of teachers.
Homeschooling is a bad idea, socially and academically.

i dont agree with this at all. teachers in public schools regurgitate information from texts books and you just have to memorize it and give it back to them in the form of a test. anyone can do this with any child...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I find that a mother can do better things than to educate her children full time, like, she could be out making money.

I don't think homeschooling might be common in Sweden, but I don't like the idea of homeschooling.
DeVillains!
I don't know much about homeschooling, but I know two people who are home schooled...they are quite odd.
Quote by The Philosopher
1) You will have no friends.
2) You social skill level will be zero.
3) You parents more than likely do not have a college degree in every class you need to take and know.
4) Homeschooling is expensive.

1) No
2) No
3) That's why they invented correspondence. There are many organizations (some of them part of the school district) that will keep track of your grades and credits, and supply all your materials. My mom hasn't done any "teaching" since I started high school.
3) Yeah. So?

Quote by Toolfan11
This is what home school is like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IkMFeE0nE

Awesome.
Page 1 of 5