Hi, I just bought a used Schecter C1 Classic off ebay, but it doesn't come with a case. How do sellers usually ship guitars without a case? What are the chances of damage to the guitar? Btw, it will be shipping through UPS. Thanks!
Bubble wrap and a Cardboard box. As long as they packaged it correctly your guitar should survive the trip. If not well...I hope the seller gives refunds.
usually boxed with lots of padding, i dont usually get stuff shipped without a case or atleast a good gig bag
Quote by ironazn
Hi, I just bought a used Schecter C1 Classic off ebay, but it doesn't come with a case. How do sellers usually ship guitars without a case? What are the chances of damage to the guitar? Btw, it will be shipping through UPS. Thanks!

why don't you ask the guy you bought it from how they plan to package it?

And pay the extra $$ for shipping insurance...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Yup, I would get at least a gigbag. But yeah, cardboard box, bubble wrap, and hopefully more stabilization for the headstock.

I got my guitar from rondomusic and they shipped through UPS.. Looked like the box had been tossed around with all the dents and scuffs on it. But careful/correct packaging and you should receive your guitar without any unwanted surprises
the guitar will be wrapped in a thin layer of foam sheet and the box may be taped together and it should be wrapped in plenty off large bubble wrap
Quote by ironazn

They fit what they can in a plastic bag and hope it makes the trip.

In all seriousness, ask your seller.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
My 12-string came re-packed in its original export box with extra packing, guitar in a non-abrasive bag and loads of bubble wrap. Arrived in perfect condition.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

id reccomend asking him to buy a case and pay the extra i got a HUGE ding taken out of the back my lp when i got it sent to me
~Defiant~
My G-400 was shipped in the export box, with a second box around it and about a week's worth of Toronto Suns crammed in to stabilize it. Arrived perfectly, even set up well.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
my friends wife shipped mine to me. she used three boxes, taped end to end and filled with styrofoam pellets. other than taking forever, arrived just fine.
I recommend contacting the seller directly and getting specifics on these things. Be demanding; it may feel like you're being a nuisance or something, but you probably paid a lot for it and deserve the best service. Something like shipping it in the original box plus padding would probably work out OK, since that's how the manufacturers do it.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.