Danelectros' pedal "Grilled Cheese Distortion" is a pretty simple and basic pedal, but just wonderring, has anyone else ever heard, own/owned, used or played with one of these, looking for some oppinions, settings, facts, something/ anything about this pedal please.
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Check youtube. I've been interested in one of these for a while now, I'm gonna check youtube too. If I see anything good, I'll post it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
thanks man, glad someone has some interest in these aswell lol, i heardit can be used as a type of wah by using the "Resonance" knob
Current Gear:
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Yeah, it's heavily filtered. It gives a really hollow sound. The youtube videos all suck, but go watch the first two (the second video is some kid being a total asswipe but it actually gives a half decent representation of the tone, unfortunately). What kid of music do you want to play with it?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
It probably won't sound much worse than a DS-1 or similar digital distortion. The reason it's so cheap is because it will not be able to withstand abuse like the boss pedal can .
Quote by drewfromutah
It probably won't sound much worse than a DS-1 or similar digital distortion. The reason it's so cheap is because it will not be able to withstand abuse like the boss pedal can .

Both the Grilled Cheese and DS-1 are all-analog distortion. They're also COMPLETELY different sounds. The only thing you got right is that it is super cheap because it'll break on you easily. You have to baby these pedals, but it's worth it for the ridiculous mojo they have.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
Both the Grilled Cheese and DS-1 are all-analog distortion. They're also COMPLETELY different sounds. The only thing you got right is that it is super cheap because it'll break on you easily. You have to baby these pedals, but it's worth it for the ridiculous mojo they have.

Interesting. I guess I will quit spewing out garbage without researching!
actually, i own one myself, and it can withstand alot, it's not as weak as you'd think, i combine it with a Boss SD-1, and actually, it's just as tough lol
Current Gear:
Boss GT-6
I owned this and the T-bone ages ago. They're both horrid pedals IMO and I caution buying them.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.