Hey guys. My new amp doesn't have a cd out so I think my two options for recording are using a webcam and making videos (and pulling out the audio if i want) or buying a mic. I don't have the cash for a mic and all the equipment I need to record with it, so I'm getting a webcam. Can you guys recommend me a good webcam with decent video quality and great audio quality?

Thanks

the amp is a 50 watt tube if thats of any importance.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
A webcam with decent video quality, and GREAT audio quality...?
What is your budget?
sure sm-57
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Just don't. A webcam will always fail at recording. Spend the $100 on a USB mic and use the webcam for the video and the USB mic for the audio.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
So the reasoning is:

I can't afford a decent microphone.

Thus:

I should buy a webcam where most of the value is spent on the camera part and less on the mic part.

And then you realise webcam audio will always be pretty horrible (unless it's very expensive).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
if you cant afford a microphone then dont blow you dish on a webcam SAVE UP FOR A MICROPHONE
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
I see....
Can you fellas recommend me some good usb mics under 70 USD?
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
save up and buy a shure 57.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
save up and buy a shure 57.

A Shure SM57 would still be useless without an interface, which (for a decent one) would be another $150 new.

If you went used, you might be able to do it. As for a USB mic, I'd recommend this:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blue-Snowball-USB-Microphone?sku=279015
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well the behringer mixers are pretty damn good and pretty cheap! I hate behringer and would never buy anything else than those mixers from them.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Or, you could do what I do and just use a RockBand mic and Reaper.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Or, you could do what I do and just use a RockBand mic and Reaper.

I have an M-Audio interface and I couldn't get it to work through Reaper so I was under the impression that I needed a better interface. Apparently not though
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah