Hey everyone, I found an old University Model 6201 Speaker in my church. I have a Randall RG50-112 (70-watt solid state) with two speaker outputs on the back (one goes to the speaker in it, and it says 8-ohm). I know some about this whole ohms-speakers-electronics deal, but not enough to be sure. I was wondering if I could change the jack (from what looks like RCA to 1/4") on the University and plug it into the other speaker out on the amp? The University is 25 watt, 8 ohm. Any reason it wouldn't work? I don't want to mess up either. Thanks

PS - Pics can be provided if necessary
pics please.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I'm not fully understanding what you're saying but I don't think its gonna work.

Most combos (not all though) close the connection to the internal speaker when something is plugged into the external speaker jack. This means that you're amp would be sending an 80 watt load to a speaker that is only rated to handle a 25 watt load (although most speakers are able to handle about 1.5 X max wattage rating).
This one is different though. I unplugged it for the picture, but the speaker in the amp is connected to one of the two jacks marked with 40 Watts @ 8 ohms.... which confuses me, because I am 99% sure it is a 70 watt SS....
Yeah. So I'm not sure if 40 watts means another speaker or what.... it's confusing. What is the worst that could happen if I tried plugging in just the other speaker? or both?
Quote by mastaphoo
Yeah. So I'm not sure if 40 watts means another speaker or what.... it's confusing. What is the worst that could happen if I tried plugging in just the other speaker? or both?

If you plug in the other speaker by itself then it won't be able to handle the wattage (whether its a 40 watt load or a 70 watt load - a speaker with a 25 watt rating won't be able to handle that).

If you're amp puts out 70 watts while both speakers are plugged in then you won't be able to use the University because you're amp will split the load evenly and send 35 watts to each speaker.