Hi all, the effect I'm looking for is found in this video by Roope Latvala
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFRYQ8fdQY

I've tried mixing many effects which I thought would work out but just can't get it right, primarily seems to be a distortion problem. One thing I don't have is a haromonizer, any thoughts?
It's a synth patch for a digital processer.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
They're playing along with a backing track I believe.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
for a violin effect try volume swells, if ur volume knob isnt easily reachable while playing get a volume pedal, put the volume at 0, play ur note and then raise the volume, this takes all teh attack away causing a violin like effect then combine with the right effects and tone and its very realistic
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
You can hear the distorted guitar part, which is the one the guy on the left is playing.

The violin part is played by the guy on the right. Easily distinguishable at like 1:45.
It's probably through a synth patch
Quote by strat0blaster
It's a synth patch for a digital processer.

Great, thanks alot for all the rapid replies.
Sorry for bump, but i was windering if there was a program that did this kind of thing for PC, like a pc version of the Roland Gr-20, or can you dload synth sounds for guitar rig?
Last edited by Bassefar at Sep 20, 2009,
Yeah I was gonna say its probably the GR-20. Its actually quite nice; the sax patches sound really accurate.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel